Inspector - #243167
Date: 05/05/2021 05:30 AM
City: Kemah, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. The INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA business is a major participant in the North American chemical industry, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.6 billion pounds of petrochemicals. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a corporate office in League City, TX.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. Currently, BMC produces both high-density polyethylene and polypropylene. The polypropylene line has a capacity of approximately 320 million pounds per year, and the seven polyethylene lines have a combined capacity of approximately 3 billion pounds per year. The BMC site has a state-of-the-art technical center which integrates research and development, technical services and quality assurance.
Purpose of the job:
The successful candidate who fills this position will work as a key member of the Maintenance and Reliability Inspection Team. The responsibilities for this position shall include, but are not limited to, PSM Compliance for process piping and fixed process equipment, ensure the mechanical integrity of the unit’s process equipment and provide support to members of supervision and management as needed. This position will require interaction with first level leaders (team leaders), contract NDE (Non Destructive Examination) technicians, contract maintenance personnel, engineering resources and other inspection team members. The Inspector shall ensure all PSM compliance inspections are properly documented using electronic reports. The Inspector will perform inspections of process piping and equipment as scheduled through use of the site’s condition monitoring software.
These inspections are an integral part of assessing the integrity of process equipment and providing recommendations to the Chief Inspector and other members of supervision for the correction of deficiencies. The Inspector will aid the Chief Inspector in following repairs to process piping and equipment as needed. The Inspector will assist the Chief Inspector as requested by performing a quality assurance role during capital projects.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Promote individual and team safety by participating in department safety meetings.
- Attend and participate in inspection related Job Safety Analysis reviews.
- Assist the Chief Inspector in assuring that all inspections are performed in a safe manner and in accordance with applicable safety requirements.
- Support the Chief Inspector and Unit Personnel as needed to ensure all inspection activities are properly performed in accordance with the INEOS BMC Quality Assurance Inspection Manual.
- Perform and support the inspection of the units fixed equipment through the use of condition monitoring programs, periodic external and internal inspections and non-destructive examinations as scheduled in the areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Developing/organizing TAR Inspection Plans for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Aid and support other INEOS Inspectors as needed during routine times and during unit outages.
- Assist with scheduling and inspection of the required jurisdictional inspections.
- Provide technical expertise for inspection activities, design, repair and alteration.
- Consultation with the Chief Inspector, unit support team and engineering as needed.
- Work with the other Inspectors to coordinate inspection resources for on-site activities as well as coverage of repaired and/or fabricated items at offsite vendor facilities.
- Work with all inspection team members to ensure consistent inspection practices are implemented across the site’s units.
- Assist in developing and stewarding inspection programs, practices and procedures that are designed to help ensure the mechanical integrity, availability and operational safety of fixed equipment.
- Communicate with other individuals who have varying degrees of understanding of the fixed equipment inspection process.
- Assist the inspection team in researching, understanding and recognizing the applicability and limitations of new inspection technology as it becomes available.
- Ensure quality and completeness of all inspections and documentation prior to forwarding of data to the Chief Inspector and /or members of supervision for review.
- Stay current with changes and/or addenda to industry codes, specifications and jurisdictional requirements to ensure the overall inspection program maintains compliance.
- Ensure all required documentation for new equipment fabrication is received and reviewed for accuracy and all required baseline inspections have been completed prior to the equipment being placed into service.
- Assist the Chief Inspector as needed in reviewing design and/or repair engineering packages to assure the appropriate level of NDE has been specified.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of pressure vessel and piping inspection experience in the petrochemical, power, oil and gas or nuclear industry or 5 years of Operational experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Experience with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) fabrication and design codes and similar industry standards, practices and/or specifications, preferred.
- Experience with ASME and American Petroleum Institute (API) inspection codes and similar industry standards, practices and/or specifications, preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Current API-510 certification and experience with API 570, API 653,
- Previous certification with ASNT-TC-1A or equivalent Level II NDE certification in VT, PT, MT, UTT & RTFI.
- An Associate of Applied Science Degree in Welding Inspection and/or NDE or similar related technical school diploma, preferred.
- American Welding Society Certified Welder Inspector Certification, preferred.
- Experience with SAP and Two Rivers Technologies software, preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of oil and gas industry related mechanical, maintenance, welding, fabrication, metallurgy and corrosion, preferred.
- Good communication, technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously by use of good organizational skills is essential to this position.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.