Admissions Events, Interview & Administrative Coordinator - #243166
Date: 05/05/2021 05:30 AM
City: Sunapee, New Hampshire
Salary: $20 - $25 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Coordinates MBA applicant events and interviews, and provides Admissions office reception and administrative support.
About the Position: Fulfilling our mission to educate wise leaders to better the world of business starts with recruiting and admitting students with the potential to thrive in an incomparable MBA program that is distinctly personal, connected, and transformative. The coordinator joins a team of highly dedicated admissions and financial aid professionals that has achieved global recognition for its responsiveness and service to applicants, students, and alumni. You will engage directly with the exceptionally talented individuals we recruit as prospective students, positioning Tuck as a visible and compelling choice for those that exhibit the capability and enthusiasm to excel, and enrich our community with diverse experiences and perspectives. In your cover letter, please describe what would you contribute as a member of the admissions and financial aid team that distinguishes you as an outstanding coordinator applicant. To learn more about Tuck and MBA admissions: http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Experience and skill coordinating a dynamic and complex office event/appointment calendar with exemplary accuracy and attention to detail, preferably using a web-based CRM system. Experience and skill providing office reception, guest service, executive assistance, and other similar administrative support activities for organizations of similar complexity and service standards, preferably in an academic setting
2. Knowledge of professional office operations and procedures gained through a business or liberal arts degree, continuing education, and/or relevant work experience. Knowledge of student admissions for a selective academic institution preferred.
3. Able to support, contribute to, and strengthen a vibrant, culturally diverse, and inclusive learning community of students, alumni, faculty, and fellow professionals.
4. Able to anticipate, deliver on, and exceed the expectations of applicants for admission and colleagues.
5. Able to collaborate effectively with colleagues across Tuck to achieve shared goals and objectives.
6. Able to proactively identify and pursue relevant learning and professional development opportunities and apply new knowledge, insights, and skills to enhance results.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title Tye Deines, Executive Director of Talent Management
Talent Acquisition Consultant Michelle Hale (646-8838)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Event and Interview Coordination (50%): Schedules and manages facilities, catering, and other logistics for applicant events, visits, and interviews (virtual and in-person). Enters attendance, candidate information, and other pertinent data in web-based system. Communicates scheduling information and serves as the primary contact for applicants, interviewers, class and Q&A session hosts, and campus tour guides. Assists with hiring, training, and managing student interviewers, and prepares training session materials. Recruits, coordinates, and supervises student volunteers for virtual and in-person Q&A sessions, tours, and class visits. Anticipates, identifies, and deals with event and interview coordination challenges, engaging with colleagues and involving admissions leadership as appropriate.
Percentage Of Time 50%
2. Administrative Support (20%): Participates in admissions office calendar planning; schedules individual and recurring team meetings and manages meeting logistics and agendas. Provides administrative support to the executive director, including calendar management, travel booking, preparing expense reports, and responding to emails. Manages the office time-off calendar, birthday calendar, and contact information roster. Helps colleagues as needed with administrative tasks, projects, and post-season data collection and reporting.
Percentage Of Time 20%
3. Admissions Office Reception (20%): Staffs the Admissions reception area and greets visitors. Responds to phone, email, and online inquiries.
Percentage Of Time 20%
4. Team Development and Collaboration (10%): Contributes ideas, input, and support to admissions team initiatives, decisions, communications, and projects with event, interview, reception and administrative support implications.
Percentage Of Time 10%
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
- Performs other duties as assigned