Aide Trainee (2nd Shift) Norristown State Hospital - #243164
Commonwealth of PA
Date: 05/05/2021 05:30 AM
City: Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Salary: $29,731 - $43,501 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Norristown State Hospital is seeking caring people who want to make a positive difference in the lives of some of the most vulnerable citizens. We offer a competitive salary and state benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance coverage; excellent vacation, sick, and holiday leave package; and retirement plan. Apply today!
- Full-time employment.
- Positions are available Sunday-Saturday on 2nd shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM) after completion of nursing orientation, Monday-Friday on 1st shift (7:00 AM - 3:30 PM); 30 minute lunch.
- Works every other weekend; 40 hour work week.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
- Overtime may be required.
- Free Parking!
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is a training level, nonprofessional position providing direct care and treatment to mentally ill patients. The trainee learns to provide nursing care for patients with varying degrees of emotional and physical disabilities and to create and maintain a therapeutic and safe environment. The employee actively participates in Aide Trainee orientation and must meet established standards both in the classroom and clinical practice. Each trainee will be monitored to evaluate progress in meeting training and performance competencies during their training period. All work is performed under the close supervision of higher level personnel.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - No previous experience needed, training provided.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices.
- This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act:
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
Commonwealth Employment Requirements:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination and a drug screening test.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Health & Wellness
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.