Flagger - #243140
Date: 05/05/2021 04:30 AM
City: Rosedale, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job ID: 277765
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one of southwest Virginia’s largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
- Employee will implement proper control of traffic for safe movement and protection of road crew and the public. Implementation of traffic control crew instructions and safety standards per state and federal safety policy requirements.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to setup and provided traffic control plan specifications as instructed by Traffic Control Supervisor and/or crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required
- Physical ability to move traffic control equipment, stand and walk under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift 8-12 hours
- Must be properly trained in flagging techniques, alert, good eyesight, quick reflexes, promote good public relations and have thorough understanding of the work zone
- May perform other related traffic control duties, such as installing, setting in place, and repairing traffic signals, erecting signs and traffic devices such as traffic islands and barriers
- Ability to physically withstand labor and long hours associated with heavy highway construction
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.