Health Information Management Specialist - #243139
Date: 05/05/2021 04:30 AM
City: Four Oaks, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Title: Health Information Management Specialist
- Effective Date: 1/16/2019
- Job Family: Administration
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Reports To: VP/Chief of Quality
Maintenance and processing of all medical and behavioral health records.
- Scanning and attaching of referral appointment letters and consultation reports received to the appropriate electronic medical record and task to the ordering provider for review within 48 hours of receipt.
- Scanning and attaching of all transferred records, requested records and other “paper” records (Behavioral Health counseling notes, handwritten encounter notes, etc.) received to the appropriate electronic medical record.
- Monitoring of electronic fax folders and processing of received faxes, including attaching faxes to patient electronic medical record and tasking to providers for review and appropriately forwarding other faxes received (i.e.. Medication refill requests).
- Handling of incoming telephone calls regarding medical records needs from CWH sites, outside organizations and patients.
- Processing of medical record requests/releases including review of request, producing copies of records (paper or CD0, faxing or packing records for mailing, preparation of records charges (if applicable), and documentation of the request sent.
- “Loose Filing” of all additional documentation for established Behavioral Health records
- Scanning of paper behavioral health “medical referral” consult notes/summaries and task ordering provider.
- Processing of medical record requests/releases including review of request, producing copies of records (paper or CD0) faxing or packing records for mailing, preparation of records charges (if applicable) and documentation of request/release.
- Processing of behavioral health record request/releases including review of request producing copies, presenting to assigned counselor for final approval, packaging records for mailing, preparation of record charges (if applicable) and documentation of request/release.
- Processing of “Request for Records” forms including form completion, faxing and/or mailing and documentation of the request sent.
- Retrieve patient records from outside agency portals for hospitalization and/or specialty visits.
- Processing of subpoena for records including reviewing the subpoena with supervisor, producing paper of electronic copy of record, documentation of release, packaging for return receipt mailing or hand delivery if required.
- Processing Medical and Behavioral Health record requests for release directly to a patient including assisting patient in completion of release form, verification of patient’s identity, preparing copy of records to be released, preparing record charges, (presentation for assigned counselor for approval- BH records) and documentation of release.
- Manage duplicate Intergy records including resolving all pending issues, directly or via task request, verification of all information to confirm duplication, and merge duplicate Intergy records as deemed necessary.
- Monitor number of provider unsigned/”WIP” encounter notes and send providers reminder emails.
- Assist BH clerical staff with creation of new patient records.
- Assist Referral Specialist in closure of “referral loop” through obtaining delinquent referral consult reports.
- Assist with management of stored paper records including moving shelving, and processing for destruction.
- Monitor “overnight” voicemail box, receive messages, task and/or email messages to appropriate recipients.
- Assist “approved” outside record auditors (i.e.. Medicaid, CDC) with obtaining necessary information from the electronic health record.
- Assist with patient health maintenance reminder letters, etc. for Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Assist VP/Chief of Quality with medical records audits and clerical needs.
- Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar, Spelling, Read Comprehend Written Instructions, Follow Verbal Instructions, Basic Computer Skills, General Clerical Skills.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of mild to moderate stress levels and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime relocation outside of home site or department.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motion
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%): Standing, Walking, Bending/Stooping, lift/move up to 20lbs.
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) : (Twist at waist, Pushing/Pulling)
- Continuously within shift (67-100%): Sitting, Climbing, Reaching above shoulder
RISK CLASSIFICATION LEVEL
- Level II (job classification in which colleagues have occupational risks to blood borne pathogens)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES*
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Collaborative Leadership – WE, not me
- Value of Valuing – WE value the strengths and uniqueness of everyone
- Teamwork – WE work together
- Integrity – WE do the right thing
- Learning Environment – WE question, WE learn, WE innovate
- Continuous Improvement – OUR excellence tomorrow is greater than OUR excellence today!
Job Type: Full-time