Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic - #243133
Great Lakes Recruiting Battalion
Date: 05/05/2021 04:30 AM
City: Brighton, Michigan
Salary: $27,010 - $84,012 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
** NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED**
The Health Care Specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness. Health Care Specialists are often called "combat medics" in the Army because some Soldiers in this MOS are assigned to deploy with Army combat units and provide emergency medical treatment directly in combat zones. Other Health Care Specialists are assigned to military hospitals and clinics to assist doctors and nurses with the health care needs of patients.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
- Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties.
- Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment.
- Interview patients and recording their medical histories.
- Take patients' temperature, pulse, and blood pressure.
- Prepare blood samples for laboratory analysis.
- Keep health records and clinical files up-to-date.
- Give shots and medicines to patients.
- Prepare patients, operating rooms, equipment, and supplies for surgery.
- Some of the more common needs of the medic are to administer intravenous solution in the field to soldiers dehydrated from long movements and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $27,010.00 - $84,012.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)