LOS ANGELES GENERAL MANAGER, SPECIAL EVENTS - #243129
Date: 05/05/2021 04:30 AM
City: Placentia, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Los Angeles Operations - Placentia, CA
The General Manager provides leadership and support for the market in a way that incorporates sound business management practices, assures adherence to company policies, provides accountability for assets, budgets, profitability, personnel, safe work practices, supports sales efforts, and achieves the highest level of customer services possible. This person must believe in and promote company goals and values.
This position is also responsible for developing strategic working relationships with existing clients for the purpose of retention and revenue growth. The ideal candidate has a strong professional presence, is tenacious, and has ability to: adapt, organize and multi-task. Under the supervision of the National Director of Operations this position’s responsibilities include:
- Branch Adherence to Operational Guidelines.
- Overall management of all local Operations staff.
- Fulfill duties of Operations Manager when person is absent.
- Conduct weekly branch meetings with branch sales and service staff to drive branch Performance and Promote Teamwork.
- Collaborate with Sales Managers to enhance branch sales performance.
- Minimize controllable costs.
- Manage labor hours for efficiency.
- Prevent and resolve customer service issues/complaints with specific focus on retention.
- Making routine goodwill visits to validate customer expectations are being met.
- Manage HR operations involved in hiring, training, and development of all branch employees.
- Ensure branch environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Ensure all training and record- keeping documentation are kept up to date.
- Implement and maintain operating guidelines and procedures (SOPs), ensuring all key management controls are in place.
- Associates Degree in Management Mandatory. Bachelor Degree strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the Tradeshow, Events, Hospitality, Audio Visual, and Convention Industries.
- Strong understanding of sales process.
- Profit & Loss experience.
- Working knowledge of DOT/Fleet compliance.
- Experience effectively managing and motivating others.
- Interviewing and employee selection skills.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Issue resolution, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to be on call as needed & work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Recognize the importance of environmental health and safety.
- Time management, organization, and attention to detail.