Principal Software Engineer - #243124
Date: 05/05/2021 04:30 AM
City: Durham, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
In order to apply for a position at Lumeris, you must create an account using your email address and a password of your choosing. This account will allow you to receive notifications each step of the way through the job application process. With these updates, you'll never have to wonder where you are in the process. Additionally, we can easily send pertinent documents to you for your review. Once you create the account, you may apply to any position you feel is a good fit without having to re-enter information. Thank you for your interest in Lumeris.
Principal Software Engineer
At Lumeris you will be part of team that is focused on solving a national healthcare problem and you will have the ability to contribute while working for a purpose. Our environment is fast-paced and change oriented and is focused on growth and employee engagement. At Lumeris we believe talent is utilized best when given the opportunity to succeed. That is why we have removed the boundaries that inhibit success and focus on fostering an environment that allows employees to utilize their talents.
Ideal location is St. Louis, MO. However, this is a remote position for any US location.
- Must be able to lead a small team to ensure project work is reviewed, tested, and delivered on time
- Participate in architectural decisions and infrastructure deployment of our Cloud-based platform
- Lead in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle while working with cross-functional team members - Development Leads, Architects, Quality Assurance, DBAs, Product - in a highly collaborative development environment
- Evangelize newly developed best practices, software development techniques, and frameworks with other teams within the organization
- Design and develop the presentation and data layer based on open-source technologies and techniques
- Design and develop the middleware tier using Java frameworks
- Design and develop RESTful web-services in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Design and develop the data access layer that interfaces with relational and NoSQL data stores
- Responsible for unit and performance testing software under load to ensure reliability and scalability
- Identify and implement best practices and company standards for software development
- Continually build the skills of colleagues through peer collaboration, mentoring and training
Experience, Qualifications, and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent job-related experience
- Requires at least 8 years development experience in an Enterprise development environment
- Proven experience as a Principal Software Engineer with project leadership experience
- Requires mastery of Object-Oriented Programming techniques and methodologies in Java; greatly beneficial to have experience in C# as well.
- Requires mastery of web MVC frameworks; greatly beneficial to have experience in Spring Frameworks
- Requires mastery of Responsive web design
- Requires mastery of RESTful web services that meet industry standard maturity models
- Requires mastery of schema design and data access methodologies in both relational databases and NoSQL databases; greatly beneficial to have experience in Hadoop or MongoDB
- Requires in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles and their utilization in software projects
- Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills; with the ability to work constructively in a collaborative Agile team environment
- Greatly beneficial to have previous experience in the healthcare industry
- Greatly beneficial to have hands-on experience in the Cloud, specifically AWS
- Greatly beneficial to have hands-on experience with Open-Source projects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in normal office working conditions.
- The job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The physical activities, demands and working conditions represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
Lumeris is an EEO/AA employer M/F/V/D.
Austin, TX, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Durham, NC, Gainesville, GA, Jackson, MS, Kansas City, MO, Lafayette, LA, Little Rock, AR, Louisville, KY, Nashville, TN, New Brunswick, NJ, New York, NY, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, NC, Remote, USA, Richmond, VA, St. Louis, MO, St. Petersburg, FL, Tampa, FL, Washington, DC