Engineering Area Maintenance Supervisor (MEC) - #243083
Date: 05/05/2021 04:00 AM
City: Gable, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Maintenance department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Assists Maintenance Area Leader in the management of the Area Maintenance department. will be responsible for supervision and coordination of Multi craft technicians on shifts
- Collect and assign maintenance best practices for consistency across all shifts.
- Partner with team to address hands-on maintenance activities as required
- Responsible for performance feedback, time keeping and PTO systems
- Ensures a proper diagnostic of mechanical problems, repair and restart of production machineries of the area of responsibility in case of breakdowns
- Ensures the implementation of the local Maintenance strategy (including TPM implementation support, maintenance processes improvements including SAP PM, interfaces with other departments, condition monitoring tools implementation, ….).
- Ensures Environment, Safety and Health requirement fulfillment in the area of responsibility. Informs and insures involvement of area Maintenance employees on ESH issues
- Identifies, analyses and insures the implementation of potential mechanical improvements (including costs savings) on area production machineries in cooperation with other departments (Production, Quality, Purchasing)
- Maintains professional and technical electrical / mechanical / pneumatical / hydraulical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
- Maintain an updated mechanical documentation in the area (AutoCAD plans, electrical, mechanical, pneumatical, hydraulical drawings, ...)
- Self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and responsible – team player
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical equivalent
- Strong technical pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge skills combined with the ability to innovate and propose the right solutions with good technical acumen
- Intermediate Computer Skills Microsoft Office and SAP PM
- Project Management experience and working with external suppliers
- Participation in machine improvement, refurbishment, upgrade or installation projects
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Mitarbeiter werben Mitarbeiter
- Gute Bedingungen für verschiedene Versicherungen
- Mitarbeiterrabatt für Unternehmensprodukte
- Mitarbeiter Events
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
Direkt zur Karriere Website