Guest Service Agent - #243074
Grand Pacific Resorts
Date: 05/05/2021 04:00 AM
City: Carlsbad, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Attend to guests needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information
- Ensure all security protocols are followed as well as departmental and company procedures
- Promote the Marriott BONVOY Program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
- Knowledgeable of the BONVOY Program and the tier benefits.
- Answer all call by three rings and correctly transfer all calls to appropriate departments.
- Input all guest requests into GPX, ensure completion, confirmation call to guest.
- Attend Buzz sessions make self aware of daily activities, arriving VIPs, Group/Conferences in house, special requests, and scheduled shuttles.
- Knowledgeable of all special promotions for all hotel outlets.
- Knowledgeable of all special hotel accommodation promotions and packages.
- Recognition of repeat guests and familiarization of corporate accounts.
- Correctly handling cash transactions and balancing a cash drawer to the given amount.
- Offering upgrades to coastal and suites when available.
- Assisting in the Marketplace for sale of merchandise, food and beverage and Starbucks coffee drinks.
- Informing and selling attraction tickets and referring guests to activities desk.
- Maintain Lobby cleanliness and organization.
- Correctly processing all check outs by ensuring all billing set up and guest folios paid
- Accept payment for guests accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Attend all scheduled training, departmental and hotel meetings and activities, refer all questions or concerns to immediate supervisor or departmental manager, promote positive working environment for all associates, and follow all guidelines and procedures set forth in employee handbook.
- Follow all of the Safety and Sanitation Guidelines set forth by the CDC and GPR including but not limited to all of the COVID-19 State and County ordinances
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist concierge in handling mail and facsimiles and providing guest with information regarding resort facilities and local attractions.
- Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- General knowledge of the city where resort is located and its attractions.
- Extensive knowledge of the resort, its services and facilities.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by resort environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand for periods of up to 4 hours in length and a total of eight hours a day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the resort on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required
- One to two years in a customer service position required
- Preferable one-year experience in a front desk position.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Westin/Sheraton Carlsbads standards
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance / tardies will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
This job opportunity for employment is being made available by Grand Pacific Hotel Services, L.P., the owner and the employer of all associates working at Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International is not the owner or operator of Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International is not the direct or indirect employer or joint employer of any associates working at Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International does not control, govern or regulate any aspect of recruitment or employment at Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International is not responsible for any aspect of your application, candidacy, or employment at the resort, nor shall Marriott International be liable for the data collection, use and privacy practices of the Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spas owner or operator.