Per Diem CHHA Field Nurse Queens or Brooklyn - #243073
Date: 05/05/2021 04:00 AM
City: Wyandanch, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Summary: The Field RN assesses, plans and coordinates home care services for assigned patient caseload and provides skilled nursing care in accordance with professional standards, regulatory guidelines, accreditation standards and Agency policies.
- Admits patients to the agency in accordance with agency admissions policy and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and provides a plan of treatment for the patient based on results of the evaluation visit, patient needs and physician orders.
- Involves the patient and appropriate others in the planning, implementation and assessment of the intervention/treatment program.
- Completes the Oasis Start of Care Assessment and obtains appropriate admission consents as per agency policy and regulatory requirements.
- Submits all admission paperwork within 24 hours of the initial visit.
- Provides an initial verbal report to the Clinical Manager within 24 hours of the initial visit.
- Demonstrates understanding of cultural issues and conducts visits in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Provides education to patient/family and paraprofessional staff on the plan of care, disease process, medications, universal precautions, infection control, nutrition, safety emergency measures, patients care and community resources.
- Provides written instructions and educational materials to the patient as indicated.
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates Home Health Aides on initial start of care, and every fourteen days and/or as needed.
- Meets with the Clinical Manager every two weeks and as need for case conferences to discuss changes in patient condition, changes in treatment/medications, progress towards goals and response to treatment.
- Conducts the interdisciplinary case coordination with the team every two weeks and/or as needed to discuss changes in the patient’s status, care plan changes, ongoing care needs, long-term care planning and plans for discharge.
- Documents all coordination of care activities into the patient’s electronic clinical record to include the name of professionals communications took place with, issues and plans that were discussed and the results of the coordination efforts.
- Documents on an ongoing basis, patient services provided, and responses to services/treatment, changes in status relative to the plan of care and achievement of goals.
- Submits all documents within 24-48 hours of visit
- Submits tentative weekly itinerary by Thursday of previous week.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
- Current License and Registration to practice as a Nurse in NYS; Infection Control Certificate
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Nursing from a four-year college or university preferred.
- OASIS and CHHA experience required
- PRI screen certification and SAMM assessment skills preferred.