Fontana Host - #243066
The Biltmore Hotel
Date: 05/05/2021 03:30 AM
City: Coral Gables, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The host will greet and seat guests as they enter the Fontana Restaurant. A host is also responsible for selling, and booking large party reservations for all Biltmore restaurant outlets. This position requires consistent adherence to policies and procedures of the department as outlined in the Biltmore Standard Operating Procedures (BSOP’S).
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Greet guests; acknowledge guests.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Daily house count, VIPs in-house, arrivals/departures.
- Scheduled group activities and locations within resort.
- All resort facilities and services.
- Hours of operation of each outlet.
- Answer department telephone.
- Forward the phone at the end of the shift and leave hostess stand clean and organize.
- Organize the host stand for service.
- Make sure the Armoire is always clean and organized.
- Maintain all menus clean and display them at host station.
- Make sure that all tables are properly set.
- Clean chair cushions.
- Don’t leave the host stand unless authorized by a manager or supervisor.
- Make sure that all tables are approached by a server and utilize guest surname.
- Help servers with drink orders.
- Monitor all guest activity in assigned work area; be alert to any sign of trouble. Ensure safety of guests and enforcement of pool rules precautions according to department standards.
- Utilize first aid when situations demand such.
- Complete closing duties and paperwork.
- Clean designated equipment and sections.
- Restock items for next shift.
- Secure storage areas.
Experience and Education Required
- None required
- Minimum one year restaurant experience preferred
- Must be able to:
- Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Think clearly, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
- Use a computer keyboard and possess basic typing skills.
- Possess moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment and adept to multitasking.
- Must be able to:
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Use, carry, and operate all necessary office equipment using finger dexterity.
- Communicate with employees, managers, subordinates and guests through verbal communication, hearing ability, and visual acuity.
- Visually look at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Adapt to moderate temperatures in the hotel as thermostat is controlled by hotel environmental systems. Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Team Player
- Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other departments
- Listens carefully and works well with others
- Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly enjoys working with people
- Guest Focused
- Anticipates guests’ needs and is sensitive to people from all cultures
- Has a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach
- Demonstrates confident, helpful and genuine behavior with internal and external guests
- Delivers their Best
- Has energy and sense of urgency for his/her work
- Resourceful, makes things happen and looks for ways to work more efficiently
- Always looks their best and acts appropriately (e.g. approaching guests, body language, and eye contact)
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrates maturity and ability to cope with the unexpected
- Never lets personal feelings interfere with delivering the highest standards
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Excellent records of attendance and punctuality
- Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without supervision
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, honesty and trust
- Time Management
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time, concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities. Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Job Type: Full-time