Registrar, Patient Registration, Full Time - #243058
Grand View Health
Date: 05/05/2021 03:30 AM
City: Riegelsville, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Schedule: Full Time, Evenings - Emergency room registration, 3:30pm-11:30pm, weekdays & every other weekend
Grand View Health, which includes Bucks County's first hospital, has provided residents of Bucks and Montgomery counties with comprehensive healthcare services since 1913. Now a century strong, Grand View offers a range of inpatient and outpatient care, particularly emphasizing the areas of surgery and orthopedics, women's and children's health, heart and vascular care, and cancer treatment. Our colleagues enjoy the best of both worlds by working for a high-quality, low-cost healthcare provider in a collaborative, community environment. Help us build this new era of wellness and lead our community to a healthier future.
The primary functions of the position are to schedule, greet, pre-register and/or register patients in a courteous and professional manner; verify insurance benefits; and check for authorization, pre-certification, physician order accuracy and referral necessity. This position also obtains patients' signatures for required forms and collects patient financial responsibility when required. The position is responsible for providing professional, quality customer service; timely resolution to customer problems; and coordination of services to all customers. The position communicates revenue cycle-related issues to patients, physicians, physician office staff and other hospital colleagues. The position rotates into various areas of the patient access department, including the emergency room, and may work a variety of shifts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Over 1 to 3 years of patient access/registration, admissions, central schedule or call center experience required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated written communication skills required.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills required.
- Effective interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Ability to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality required.
- Service-oriented required.
- Demonstrated time management and priority-setting skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities required.
- Possesses familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Competency in the use of a variety of computer hardware and software systems required.
- Knowledge of health insurance plans and their policies and procedures preferred.