Safety Coordinator - Yankee Candle - #243056
Date: 05/05/2021 03:30 AM
City: Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position Title: Safety Coordinator
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Reports to: Safety Supervisor
This position will assist the Safety Supervisor in maintaining the Facility’s safety programs and improving overall workforce safety awareness to include planning, implementing, and coordinating programs to reduce or eliminate the following: occupational injuries and illnesses, violations of federal and state safety regulations; abuse of the workers compensation system; and financial losses from above. Also assist with development and coordination of safety programs to improve the overall workforce safety awareness including new hire orientation and training on the warehouse floor
- Possess current and in-depth knowledge of safety policies and regulations in order to be a resource to supervisors and managers on safety improvements and strategies.
- Assist leadership team in building and reinforcing a safety culture moving toward zero accidents or injuries.
- Lead the behavior-based safety process for the facility.
- Analyze and assess plant safety trend data to drive safety resource allocation and drive ergonomic initiatives to reduce injuries.
- Knowledgeable in job safety analysis to be a resource to supervisors and managers in assisting them to implement JSA’s for tasks within their departments.
- Participate in facility safety audits and safety inspections, document control, record keeping, participation in plant-wide process improvement projects.
- Develop health and safety programs (SEAL) to meet requirements of corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Develop & provide training to all current and new associates at all levels of the organization to include contractor safety training.
- Identify and appraise conditions which could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluate potential injuries resulting from accidents.
- Administer incident investigation program so all incidents are reported, investigated and prompt corrective action is taken and substantiated.
- Coordinate activities of all employees to ensure implementation of safety policies/procedures throughout the organization as well as recording such activities and other safety administration duties.
- Interact/communicate frequently with the Leadership Team on safety issues/concerns.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- 2 years training experience in a warehouse setting
- 5 years’ safety experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety/health programs, policies, risk identification and control strategies.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of regulations including OSHA, DOT and related standards
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Able to effectively influence decision making
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer experience.
- Ability to deliver results.
- Initiative and follow up
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook
- Superior communication skills
- Strong leadership, coaching and relationship building skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to work with other departments in order to improve and instill safety culture
- Distribution/warehouse experience preferred
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates integrity and credibility in all aspects of responsibility
- Ability to gain employee commitment to site and company objectives
- Leads by example and models desirable behaviors to represent the organization effectively
- Works collaboratively both internally and externally building relationships at all levels
- Experience managing claims for a self-insured employer and an aggressive case management philosophy
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Other identified training as deemed necessary by supervision
- SEAL (Safety Excellence and Leadership)Training
- MUST COMPLETE ALL OSHA REQUIRED TRAINING
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.