Financial Analyst - Eden Prairie, MN or Schaumburg, IL - #243046
Date: 05/05/2021 03:30 AM
City: Schaumburg, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The FP&A Financial Analyst plays a key role within OptumRx, a fast-paced, high growth, exciting organization.
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports and presentations that communicate a clear, compelling message for management
- Assist with management reporting and system reconciliation
- Support SG&A and IT Finance in reporting and analytics
- Understand the OptumRx financial process and become an active participant in the management of its financials
- Assist with periodic forecast and budget creation for business leadership
- Analyze trends in revenue, product line profitability, membership, SG&A and other areas of business
- Participate on special projects and ad hoc financial requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Mathematics or equivalent field
- New graduates welcome
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Excel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience using Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft Financials
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented; strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, deadlines and changing priorities
- Possess initiative, be a self-starter, self-directed, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Analyst, Financial Analysis, Finance Analyst, Finance Analysis, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois