OB Tech - Maternity Services, Part Time, Nights - #243032
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Date: 05/05/2021 03:00 AM
City: Lake Forest, Illinois
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The OB Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs a variety of clinical functions, under the direction of the RN or physician that provide support to patients and staff.
- Collects urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Assists patients with bathing and oral hygiene.
- Obtains and records vital signs and daily weight.
- Informs RN regularly regarding the status of patients.
- Prepares and positions patients for meals; feeds patients as necessary.
- Assists with patient ambulation and positioning; assists with comfort activities.
- Assists RN or physician with minor procedures.
- Responds to emergencies seeking appropriate personnel for specific interventions.
- Disconnects IV or Heplock.
- Assists with postmortem care.
- Arranges equipment, supplies and instruments in the operating room.
- Assembles routine and specialty instruments for operative procedures according to operating room standards and physician preference cards.
- Organizes instruments according to specialty.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments as needed.
- Labels all supplies on the tray.
- Informs appropriate personnel when instruments or equipment are insufficient to meet the needs of the operative schedule.
- Participates in surgical procedures.
- Assists team members with placing and positioning patient on the table.
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon.
- Preserves OR specimens.
- Accounts for all sponges, needles and instruments before and after operation.
- Performs various related tasks to facilitate patient care.
- Transports patients to and from radiology for diagnostic testing.
- Transports blood and blood components to the laboratory.
- Assists with patient admissions, discharges and transfers; orients patient to environment and hospital services.
- Transports patients, belongings and equipment.
- Assists in newborn nursery with responsibilities of: transporting babies in open cribs to and from patient rooms, changing diapers, drawing blood from babies via heel sticks, weighing babies on open scales, emptying linen and garbage to chutes from newborn nursery and special care nursery, bilimeter testing of all newborns, assist with set-up and clean up of circumcision procedure.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited CNA program and listed on State Of Illinois CNA Registry.
- BLS through American Heart Association.
- Certified Surgical Technologist.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.