Systems Engineering Manager 1 (TS/SCI) - #242959
Date: 05/05/2021 02:30 AM
City: Redondo Beach, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what’s possible? The Payload and Ground Systems division of Northrop Grumman Space Systems seeks to fill a System Engineering Manager 1 position in the engineering function for our Space Park location. The role is expected to provide the technical and people leadership needed to establish and maintain a world class System Engineering organization, supporting multiple divisions and programs across an incredibly diverse and advanced portfolio. This leader will support engineers and engineering leaders primarily located at the Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA. The role will have overall responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of NG Space Systems Sector captures, programs of record, as well as research and technology development. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to recruit, manage and retain employees. The selected candidate will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance on a specific program. Responsibilities include:
- The Section Manager will be responsible for 5 – 7 early-mid career staff members, along with their roles specific to program execution.
- Provide the people, processes, and tools required to meet the current and future needs of programs and technologies within the NGSP portfolio.
- Perform Workforce Planning in collaboration with the functional homeroom such as staffing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Ensure process alignment through the work of direct reports, supports program gate reviews and deep dives, and assists in development and implementation of OU objectives
- Champion positive change within the organization to achieve competitive advantage for the division and sector
- Provide personnel with career development, employee engagement, mentoring and coaching
- Develop and improve personnel and organizational technical Systems Engineering skills and space domain experience
- Work with Human Resources to mediate and resolve personnel issues
- 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 3 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 0 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes with demonstrated technical ownership experience in requirements analysis, architecture development, integration, test, or verification.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- High proficiency in technical problem solving.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access or active SCI access.
- Ability to travel 10%.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
- Experience in a lead role in a technical engineering capacity
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Current NGSP PGS employee working within the INS BU at Space Park.