Business Analyst (Loan Funding Back Office) - #242944
Date: 05/05/2021 02:00 AM
City: Brooklawn, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Business Analyst (BA) formulates and defines scope based on objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing logic as necessary. Participates in process and systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
In addition, the Funding Back Office BA will work on tasks that require technical support and escalation management. Working on critical items directly with Service Desk Support and Developers while acting as liaison with Business associates. BA will identify, mitigate and escalate issues, perform root cause analysis/validations and manage project deliverables. The right candidate will be responsive, flexible and open to changes in role and responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
- Meet delivery and reporting deadlines; ownership around deliverables
- Experience with Agile principles & scrum ceremonies; Jira & Confluence tools preferred
- Experience Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies preferred
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
- Ability to manage project timeline, identify risks/issues, manage stakeholder expectations and share project status updates with Management
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical resources (architects, data analysts, developers, operation specialists), consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance
- Develop, document and facilitate User Acceptance Testing to ensure fulfillment of requirements and successful project implementation
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents change for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
- Participates in QA and user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Obtains detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes and creates requirement documents for development and testing.
- Provide business and IT teams, including requirements gathering and project management for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
- Consistently challenges the IT and business teams to improve all aspects of their processes.
- Not required, but preferred knowledge of (LKW) Loan Origination System with understanding of (LKW) process design and execution.
- Scheduled until 6PM EST w/ weekend support, as needed
- Escalation Management and/or Business analysis skills are required
- Strong communication skills are required
- Ability to interface with all levels of the business to define business & functional requirements
- Service Desk/Technical Support experience preferred
- Experience in the Mortgage Industry preferred
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, particularly documentation of Use Cases is preferred
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans