Clinical Director - Eating Disorder - #242892
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 05/05/2021 01:30 AM
City: Fairfield, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Clinical Director is responsible for the supervision of therapists and clinical oversight of the program.
- Oversees and ensures quality of clinical aspects of the program and takes initiative to make improvements.
- Facilitates weekly treatment team meetings to ensure consistent and effective communication, including proper oversight of client progress and ensures a team approach is being utilized.
- Trains all new clinical employees within their scope and coordinates training with clinical team members.
- Conducts all 90 day, annual performance reviews, and growth plans for therapists within the program.
- Manages clinical employees’ schedules to ensure appropriate clinical presence.
- To provide adequate and ongoing training of facility employees, and sufficient oversight/supervision to ensure that all services are in keeping with the Discovery Mission Statement.
- Supports in facilitating monthly employee trainings ensuring that all mandated trainings are completed throughout the year.
- Completes utilization reviews, oversees primary therapist process of utilization review and assists in the process of assuring that all client stays are authorized (i.e. insurance, private pay, etc).
- Maintains a client caseload as dictated by census and assigns cases based upon the appropriate clinical match with each therapist.
- Leads or co-leads 1-2 process groups and/or any additional clinically oriented groups every day
- Provides oversight of all other groups conducted.
- Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x every 5 weeks, and communicates with the On-Call Administrator and returns all phone calls within 20 minutes.
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge, including the use of Discovery Connect.
- Facilitates client transfers to higher level of care, as needed.
- Participates in clinical outreach and facilitates program tours as needed.
- Facilitates Multi-Family, Family Program and/or Family Weekend.
- Supervises all therapists within the program and provides clinical consultation, as needed.
- Supports in training new therapists within the organization.
This is a full-time position that will work M-F 10-6
- Masters Degree or higher required.
- Professional license (LPC, LMFT, LCSW) required in the state in which you are applying
- Is able to demonstrate advanced understanding of the population being treated.
- Possesses working knowledge of psychopathology, diagnostic assessment and related treatment interventions.
- Knowledge of evidence based treatments and ability to individualize treatment approaches to meet each client’s needs.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate with people of all educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership ability and related knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage stressful or difficult situations and to provide leadership to others in doing the same.
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, professionalism, enthusiasm and a non-judgmental attitude.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/