Multi-Purpose Clerk - Deli - #242891
The Save Mart Companies
Date: 05/05/2021 01:30 AM
City: Mokelumne Hill, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation - the San Joaquin Valley.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Multi-Purpose Clerk - Deli - 260 S. Main St., Angels Camp, CA 95222
The Multi-Purpose Clerk is an integral part of a highly motivated team focused on serving guests with an emphasis on the overall total store guest experience to consistently meet or exceed guest expectations.
The Multi-Purpose Clerk may be assigned to one of several departments within the store – to include Center Store Market, Fresh Market Departments, or Guest Services Department. The Multi-Purpose Clerk is responsible for promoting sales within assigned department, answering our guests’ questions, responding to guest requests for products, and accurately placing special orders. The Multi-Purpose Clerk practices safe food handling procedures, maintaining clean work area, orderly and free from safety hazards. The Clerk receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment and quality as well as stocks, rotates, and merchandises product to maintain freshness and department appeal.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Multi-Purpose Clerk may be assigned to any of the following assignments/departments:
- Center Store/Front End – Operate the check stand according to company policy and procedures, memorize PLU codes and keep up to date with new products; order, receive, unload, stock and rotate product onto shelves and cases in all areas of center store operations; merchandise product and perform Point-Of-Sale (POS) and inventory activities.
- Produce - Receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment and quality; trim, wash, and wrap produce according to company policy; stock, rotate, and merchandise product to maintain freshness and department appeal; maintain floral area both inside and outside of store; keep all areas and equipment of the department clean
- Meat/Seafood - Receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment and quality; weigh, wrap/package and label products for display; stock, rotate and merchandise product to maintain freshness and department appeal; provide guest service at the seafood counter; take special orders for items such as custom cuts of meat or holiday items; may operate equipment such as slicers and wrappers; keep all areas and equipment of the department clean
- Bakery/Deli - Receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment and quality; prepare, weigh, package, and label products for display; stock, rotate, and merchandise baked goods and deli products to maintain freshness and department appeal; take special orders for items such as cakes and party trays; may operate equipment such as ovens, proofers, slicers, and mixers; keep all areas and equipment of the department clean
- Janitorial - Maintain cleanliness and sanitation throughout the store; sweep and mop sales floor, front end, back rooms, and refrigerated areas; clean restrooms, break room, office areas, shelving and cases, front end equipment, shopping carts, and vending machines; clean front of store and parking lot, and empty trash; may operate janitorial equipment such as scrubbers and buffers
- Valley Fresh - Receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment and quality; cut, trim, wash, juice, beverage infusion and package produce according to company standards; stock, rotate, and merchandise product to maintain freshness and department appeal; keep all areas and equipment of the department clean
- Restaurant - Operate the register according to company policy and procedures and keep up to date with new restaurant offerings; take guest orders and service completed orders for guests at the register; maintain cleanliness and sanitation throughout the restaurant and department
All Department Assignment duties include:
- Sweep and mop sales floor, front end, back rooms, and refrigerated areas
- May operate forklift if authorized and certified
- May operate baler if authorized
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent guest service and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Capability to be proactive, initiative, enthusiastic, and flexible on the job
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) or additional job experience
Experience: Six months of grocery retail related experience
Other: Must be available to work a variety of required retail hours; must be at least 18 years of age
Physical: Requires standing and other physical movements on a frequent basis; requires lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance
- Guest Connection
- Quality/Quantity of Work
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.