Foreman, Maintenance of Way - #242889
Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway Corp.
Date: 05/05/2021 01:30 AM
City: Kentland, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The person in this position oversees crews in the performance of track maintenance and is responsible for the oversight of both the maintenance and repair activities surrounding the MoW job or project functions. Responsibilities include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Direct and manage the day-to-day activities of the MoW crew
- Interface with others to ensure efficient and organized operations of the railroad along with the maintenance of the track
- Enforce compliance with safety procedures; use PPE to keep required records
- Monitor and closely control all maintenance and other related costs associated with MoW work
- Assist to ensure department meets its track, signal, and capital-projects service goals
- Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years of related work experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma or GED
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.