Barrier Operator - 3rd Shift - #242836
Date: 05/05/2021 00:30 AM
City: Sharon, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
What you will do
- Sets up and operates one or more CNC LATHES OR CNC MILLS to perform turning, milling, boring, and threading according to knowledge of CNC machining operations.
- Reads blueprints and visualizes machining to be done, dimensions of parts and permissible tolerances.
- Visualizes movements of machine parts and work pieces in each operation in relation to the others.
- Installs collets, vises, fixtures, etc using appropriate tooling.
- Installs and adjusts tools and offsets to control part dimensions.
- Will work on either Milling machine or Lathe as needed.
- Conducts in process dimensional checks as required by appropriate AQL level.
- Conducts first article inspections.
- Assists with de-burring, drilling, and tapping of components.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Cleans equipment and shop floor on scheduled routine basis.
- Other duties as required
What we are looking for
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in CNC Mills or CNC Lathes (preferably with Okuma and Haas equipment). Must be willing to operate both sets of equipment.
- Must know how to adjust programs as necessary to meet tolerances.
- Has experience working with micrometers, calipers, rulers, and tape measures.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Must be safety conscious working with equipment and follow safety procedures. #CB
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.