Team Lead, Inventory Control - #242834
Date: 05/05/2021 00:30 AM
City: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We sell cars but we're not car salesmen. We saw a huge problem with how sucky it can be to buy a car and our mission is to unsuck car buying, every step of the way. We don't see ourselves as an innovation company. But in the interest of making car buying better, we create technologies that have never been created.
We have big hearts and big dreams. Forbes recently named us in the top 5 most promising companies in America, but we want to be number one.
We're not a big, bloated company with layers of people, all afraid to say 'yes'. You have a voice in the direction we're headed and we like to think that's pretty powerful. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
As a Team Lead, Inventory Control, you will be responsible for tracking, scanning and managing all inventory at our reconditioning and logistics centers. This will include directing multiple onsite lot counts of all inventory and maintaining high inventory accuracy levels. You will become familiar with the Carvana fulfillment process and will be tasked to track unreconciled inventory, update reporting as assigned and complete insurance claims internally when applicable.
- Lead team in multiple daily lot counts
- Maintain and update inventory management system
- Tracking down unreconciled inventory and performed ad hoc lot audits
- Operation of RFID and inventory tracking systems
- Work with managers and inventory associates to plan and execute inventory placement and processes
- Maintain team schedule
- Perform interviews of Inventory Control Specialists
- Execute performance reviews of team members
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent computer skills required & able to learn systems quickly
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Needs to be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience with using inventory scanning devices (RFID or GPS)
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- 3-5 years inventory control experience in large warehouse environment
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-time hourly position
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within and career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hiring is contingent on passing a background check.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.