RN Labor & Delivery - #242823
CHI Franciscan St Joseph Medical Center
Date: 05/05/2021 00:30 AM
City: Dupont, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
As the flagship hospital of CHI Franciscan Health, St. Joseph Medical Center continues to be the regional leader in the use of advanced medical technologies and therapies. The 361-bed regional medical center is a level II trauma center with Level III Neonatal Intensive Care support, in partnership with Seattle Children's Hospital. We offer 24/7 Neonatal Nurse Practitioner coverage for high risk deliveries, and 24/7 in-department OB Hospitalist coverage.
Our Family Birth Center has 12 Labor and Delivery beds and 23 Post-Partum beds. We performed 4050 deliveries at SJMC last year, and we are very proud to be the busiest birth center in the South Sound. Our Family Birth Center Leadership Team is comprised of a Director, three RN Clinical Managers, and an RN Educator. Combined, these leaders have over 95 years of nursing and leadership experience, and they truly enjoy mentoring and developing staff members.
What We Have To Offer To You:
- Our nurses enjoy being able to provide a wide variety of birthing options to their patients, based on patient choice and the latest research-based information
- Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
- 12-hour shifts to support work/life balance
- Financial support for specialty certifications
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
- Competitive wages, incentives, and a generous employee benefits program
Our Family Birth Center RNs work in many different roles while providing care to new families. We have mother/baby RNs, who care for post-partum mothers and newborn infants. We also have labor and delivery RNs, providing care to women who are pregnant and delivering their infants. As a tertiary care center, our nurses provide both high-risk and low-risk care to our patients. This work includes developing, implementing and assessing the patient plan of care in collaboration with physicians, certified nurse-midwives, the patient and their family
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients' conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients' medications and providing treatments according to physicians' orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Previous recent Labor and Delivery Experience is preferred,
- 1-2 years Med/Surg experience, or new graduate with completion of senior practicum in L&D, Mother/Baby unit or nursery.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
One year of related work experience is preferred
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse is required
- Basic Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification or completion within 6 months of date of hire is required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification for L&D RNs
- National Certification Corporation (NCC) or American Nurses Credentialing Center certification preferred
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.