Medical Receptionist - #242780
Date: 05/04/2021 23:31 PM
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Central Medical Clinic (CMC) is the largest independent multispecialty group on Oahu. We are a family-oriented, primary care focused group practice that promotes wellness for the entire family, delivers outstanding patient care, and provides a progressive and incomparable healthcare experience. We are comprised of Hawaii's leading physicians supported by compassionate and caring staff who serve you and your loved ones through every stage of life. At CMC we have a 65 year history of our family taking care of yours.
CMC is part of the 'Ekahi Health System whose vision and passion is to connect you and your family with the highest quality health care available on Oahu. To accomplish this, we've brought together some of the top performing doctors and specialists in Hawaii, as well as a nationally recognized and scientifically proven comprehensive lifestyle program - all together in one dynamic group to better serve you and your family.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for greeting and checking in all patients for office appointments, including paperwork for patients to fill out, scanning insurance cards, and entering all demographic information into the practice management system. A pleasant and positive attitude is a must.
- Greets, directs and when applicable, escorts all patients and visitors entering the clinic
- Monitors the number of patients and visitors entering the clinic.
- Checks the temperature for all patients and visitors entering the clinic
- Covid-19 screening questionnaire upon entry
- Coordinates and maintains the patient waiting area for patient check-in, while practicing social distancing measures.
- Registers New patients
- Obtains patient demographic and verifies insurance information is updated before each visit.
- Scans ID and Insurance Cards
- Collects and processes outstanding patient balances and copayments- credit card, check and cash.
- Answers the operator line and transfers the caller to the appropriate staff member.
- File's paper and electronic faxes
- Identifies and resolves minor patient billing complaints.
- Patient outreach
- Maintains cleanliness of front reception area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School diploma.
- At least one-year relevant experience and/or training preferred. If not, at least a year in some type of customer service-related job.
- EMR experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given
- Able to work collectively with administration and staff.