Wrap and Pack Sends Processing Associate - #242778
Date: 05/04/2021 23:31 PM
City: McLean, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Bloomingdale’s Wrap & Send Support Professionals are the backbone of our stores. They deliver our mission statement to be like no other store in the world. They drive an easy and fun shopping experience for our customers while fulfilling their responsibilities with speed, attention to detail, a collaborative spirit and teamwork. A Wrap & Send Support Professional’s work day encompasses varied responsibilities: such as preparing and packing merchandise for shipment, completing floor merchandise moves, fulfilling customer orders, unpacking and censoring new receipts, executing markdowns and returning goods back to vendors.
- Deliver a high level of customer service and greet all customers
- Prepare and pack merchandise for shipment (remove sensors, wrap merchandise according to Wrap & Pack Standards, create shipment label)
- Proficient with technology to locate merchandise and fulfill online orders
- Maintain clean neat and organized workspace
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.