Managing Consultant - Data - #242753
Forsythe Technology, Inc.
Date: 05/04/2021 23:30 PM
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Managing Consultant plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated Data projects and associated personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure that client service delivery is effectively managed on all dimensions: budget, timeline, quality, deliverables/outcomes, teaming/collaboration and updates/communication with a high degree of client satisfaction. Teams with other consulting and sales colleagues to develop a "trusted advisor" relationship with clients with the specific objective of achieving further penetration into accounts and attaining meaningful follow-on sales. The Managing Consultant will regularly serve in the lead consultant role on a project team, contributing their leadership and technical expertise toward engagement objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Regularly serves in the lead consultant role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members. Serves as the executive program manager with responsibility for managing client expectations for specific Data projects, while seeking and fostering additional opportunities with clients. As part of this role, is responsible for managing the quality assurance process to deliver quality on-time deliverables.
- Identifies all points of contact from the system perspective and establishes contact with necessary stakeholders
- Reviews business and technical requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility, identify gaps & inconsistencies and eliminate conflicting requirements
- Understands the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients
- Participates in determining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients
- Provides input to final recommendations for technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) in/out-of-scope activities and deliverables prior to services delivery
- Provides technical team leadership and guidance to a project's technical team by carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Assigning analysis, design, and development tasks to team members
- Coordinating all technical team responsibilities such as installation, configuration, development, deployment, and support of user testing
Conducting technical reviews of all materials and deliverables for content, consistency, and accuracy of the solution
- Provides installation/configuration, requirements gathering, solution design, development, documentation, testing, and support to our clients via services delivery, including (but not limited to):
- Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall solution design
- Develops data related files
- Develops data conversion solutions and designs
- Develops interfaces to other application systems
- Tests solutions for data integrity, performance, and usability
- Documents completed solution design, development, installation, and configuration work for the client
Maintains technical specifications throughout the development process
- Prepares and completes technical design inspection of other team members
- Communicates status of engagement to the customer, Sirius' Services management, and Sirius reps as appropriate during the engagement
- Recognize issues, risks, delays, etc. of the project and communicate immediately to the appropriate customer or Sirius team member
- Gathers feedback and input from team members and works with senior project staff to optimize client relationship and improve quality
- Consistently achieves outstanding Client Satisfaction results on all consulting engagements
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Builds client-focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
Practice Development: Supports activities that drive practice growth and profitability
- Directly interacts with clients, sales personnel and Sirius Presales Architects to identify, qualify, and validate client requirements for technology solutions. Pursuit activities include meeting with C-Suite personnel, creating and delivering presentations to drive Data solutions
- Creates solution prototypes and POCs which illustrate business value and garner client buy-in
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Creates proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work (SOWs), solution work estimates, and total solution pricing for profitable post-sales delivery integration, implementation and delivery. Provides significant and demonstrated services solution sales to meet practice goals
- Develops Cost/Benefit Analysis and rationale for large complex projects or programs with input from others on the account team
- Provides technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of technical specialty
- Conducts research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of client delivery efforts
- Cataloguing existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans), and evangelizing the use of practice IP by delivery teams
- Contributes and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates. Occasionally presents externally as a thought leader at a regional
Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Directly supervises project staff with responsibility for ensuring engagement success and appropriate use of practice tools, methodology, deliverable preparation, and client presentation
- Leads code or other technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to technical team
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- Steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least eight (8) years' related work experience with one or more Data solutions in the Sirius portfolio, to include:
- At least five (5) years' related work experience with Cloud data analytics platform technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Matillion, etc.)
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge / understanding of enterprise system integrations, such as:
- Multi-Cloud integrations (a.k.a. cloud adjacency)
- Hybrid Cloud/On-prem systems
- iPaaS solutions (APIM, Mulesoft, etc.)
- Data Movement (ETL/ELT, Streaming, Batch Loading, etc.)
- Data Virtualization (Logical data warehouse, Logical Data Lakes, Derived Tables); Denodo, Trifacts, Dremio, etc.
- Data Prep (Self Service: Alteryx, Knime, PowerBI; Enterprise: Informatica, Tableau Prep, Trifacta, etc.
- Data Consumption and Visualizations: PowerBI, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Microstrategy, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client's requirements and present appropriate architectural options
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated project leadership experience and ability to architect large projects from pre-sales Discovery to Solution Outline
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences' engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Demonstrated database knowledge in DB2, Oracle, MS SQL, or other enterprise-class RDBMS
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, Linux, or others
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment, working with a variety of tools and technologies
- Full software lifecycle development experience, including:
- DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, TFS, etc.)
Code Review and Repository management (BitBucket, Kraken, etc.)
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty (Data Virtualization, Data Lakehouse, Cloud Modernization, etc.)
- Agile Methodology and practice experience
- Software(s): Jira, Monday, etc.
Practices: Scrum master, sprints/task management, release cycles, defect/issue management, etc.
- Understanding of Enterprise Landscapes including digital practices (APIs / RESTful services, Content Delivery, Networking/Infrastructure, etc.)
- Software development languages a plus: C#, Java, Python, etc.
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Sr. Consultant levels, plus the following:
Business Insight - Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
Interpersonal Savvy - Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
Organizational Savvy - Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Knows who has power, respect, and influence. Steers through the organizational maze to get things done.
Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
Builds Effective Teams - Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
Drives Vision and Purpose - Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.