Lifeguards - #242712
Date: 05/04/2021 23:00 PM
City: Manhattan, New York
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Manhattan Youth is seeking experienced Lifeguards to join the aquatics program at our Downtown Community Center in Tribeca. Lifeguards are responsible for monitoring the safety and well-being of patrons in the pool facility. Candidates must be punctual, reliable, personable, and have a strong desire to work with children and families.
This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week. Shifts are available:
- Mondays 11:30am - 7:00pm
- Thursdays 2:45pm - 7:00pm
- Saturdays 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sundays 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Enforce all aquatics facility policies, rules and regulations according to New York Athletic Department standards
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans
- Record daily participation numbers and complete daily activity reports
- Monitor pool maintenance, including water testing and recording, and report pertinent information to Aquatics Supervisor
- Maintain clean and safe environment in and around aquatics facility
- Set up pool for various swim activities
- Arrive in proper uniform alert and ready at all times
- Attend mandatory in-service training and staff meeting
- Perform other related job duties as required
- 1-2 years Lifeguard experience
- Current and valid American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Current and valid CPR/AED/ First Aid certification
- Pass pre-employment water skills test
- Ability to maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and English language fluency
- Swim instructor experience a plus
- Must be at least 16 years old
Our onboarding process has government mandated components and must be completed before people can begin working at Manhattan Youth. The process includes payroll paperwork, online training modules, fingerprinting, background checks, and references.
About Manhattan Youth
Fostering Joy, Success & Belonging through Early Childhood, After School, Adult & Senior programming throughout New York City.
Manhattan Youth Recreation and Resources, Inc. provides the highest quality childcare and After-School programs plus academic, recreational and cultural activities for children, families and individuals who live or work in Manhattan, regardless of income. We respond to the needs of our community through programs that stimulate, challenge and strengthen children, teens, adults, seniors, and families. We also engage in a number of civic issues that impact community life in Manhattan.
Why Join Us
At Manhattan Youth, we treat each other as we treat the children in our programs, with kindness, compassion and respect. We provide a fun, collaborative and nurturing environment that focuses on personal well-being and professional development. By joining our team, you are joining a group of people dedicated to improving the lives of the people in our community. We are looking for people with the same commitment to our mission and a desire to become part of a passionate and motivated team that genuinely gets along and loves what they do.
Job Type: Part-time