Grocery Manager - #242707
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 05/04/2021 23:00 PM
City: Mount Pleasant, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Manages achievement of department sales and profits using acceptable business practices. Provides leadership of department personnel. Maintains product levels and quality control in grocery department. Ensures products are displayed in accordance with Brookshire Grocery Company standards and all regulatory food safety practices. Promotes customer service and sales building practices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out management responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, training and developing partners; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining partners; and scheduling, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Reviews historical data to predict future sales from ads and promotions. Manages inventory using item management processes to ensure satisfactory in-stock levels. Reviews profit and loss, sales, shrink, and labor data; provides verbal or written summary to upper management regarding any related issues
- Responsible for maintaining and improving sales performance, financial results, public relations, product quality, and work standards
- Inspects product for quality control and food safety standards. Ensures product is within date and rotates accordingly
- Promotes product sales through use of suggestive selling initiatives and appealing product displays.
- Ensures maintenance of stock conditions on grocery display racks and shelves
- Checks inventory on trucks, unloads products, and ensures accuracy of inventory, product ordering, and associated paperwork.
- Frequently required to open/close the store. Ensures the store is presentable for the customer shopping experience; makes certain adequate staff is available; ensures safety, responsiveness, and fiscal management of cash and monetary assets
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to customer complaints
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of grocery department operations.
- Advanced knowledge of in-store ordering machine and inventory management processes.
- Intermediate knowledge of scheduling software systems.
- Ability to safely work with sharp objects such as knives, box cutters, etc
- Ability to operate manual or electric pallet jack and forklift.
- Ability to safely operate a bailer.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods, and processes.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain department equipment.
- Ability to use non-precision and precision hand tools.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- High school Diploma or GED required and two or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education required.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required
- Food Handler certification required.
- Manager Food Safety certification required
- AML certification required.
- Fuel Operator C training required
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification required.
- TABC/LACT certification required where applicable.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to use hands for reaching, touching, or handling.
- Continuously required to push, pull, maneuver, or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel, or squat.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, or crawl.
- Occasionally exposed to outside temperatures and weather.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold conditions (non-weather).
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery, or damp conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.