School Bus Technician - #242694
Date: 05/04/2021 22:30 PM
City: Hillsborough, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Fleet Maintenance Technician
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician III with strong mechanical and diagnostic skills!
Our fleet consists of 60 school bus units, mostly 54 passengers,s and 12 school vans which hold 18 passengers.
First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $28.31 - $31.91based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- Shifts of Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III Major Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 5+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in the company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!).
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.