Attendance Specialist, Elementary 2021/2022 - #242690
Queen Creek Unified School District
Date: 05/04/2021 22:30 PM
City: San Carlos, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Ensure the prompt and accurate performance of a variety of office operations and clerical skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to interact effectively and with tact with parents, administrators, teachers and the general public.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently perform duties under conditions of constant interruption.
- Ability to work without close supervision and assume responsibility.
- A high degree of discretion in controlling the distribution of highly confidential information.
- Must pass a background clearance check
- Must obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: *
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Receive enrollment packet from registering parent/guardian. Ensure all necessary accompanying documentation is provided.
- Enter and maintain all student enrollment data into the Student Management System (Synergy).
- Make up the student cumulative and health files. Assign a student ID. Pass student file to Dean/AP for scheduling. Give health file to health office. After schedule is made, notify staff of new student.
- Receive data from Gifted, Title One, NCLB and maintain all data in SMS (Synergy). Reports will be generated from Synergy and SAIS and cross referencing data will be necessary.
- Generate appropriate forms for student withdrawals. Copying and forwarding of appropriate student records for all transfers between school districts.
- Maintain all student cumulative files in an orderly fashion.
- Attendance reporting and attendance letters in compliance with program. Monitor students with excessive absence/tardiness.
- Provide coverage for front office when needed.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., be able to exert 25 –30 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Ability to walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, and to sit for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: * 223 Days; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination_*
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990._
Job Type: Full-time