Technical Application Specialist (Point of Care) - #242653
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Date: 05/04/2021 22:00 PM
City: Upper Falls, West Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Application Specialist II (TAS) requires a hands-on approach to responding to both customer and channel partners technical support requirements. It requires a pro-active component where both instrument and assay performance dynamics are monitored, and remedial actions are initiated as appropriate. The role is primarily a customer facing, but also requires working with internal colleagues to address technical and customer satisfaction challenges. The incumbent will be a principal liaison with Mesa Biotech, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s R&D team as we seek to improve both specimen collection methods and system performance. The TAS will file the necessary quality documentation and will work with the Development and Marketing teams to issue technical bulletins as required.
The Technical Application Specialist II is an individual contributor role with a high-level degree interaction with other functions within Mesa Biotech, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. To facilitate proper customer interaction the role might require domestic and international travel from time to time.
What will you do?
- Manages technical support cases through phone, email exchanges and occasional in-person visits where necessary
- Maintains courteous and professional communications with customer/businesses and internal employees
- Assists customers/channel partners with product quality and performance issues. Assists with trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Provides product information as required
- Participate in weekly forecasting and planning exercises
- Prepares reference material for users by collating and communicating operational and technical instructions
- Serves as a key liaison on technical matters
- Provides timely follow up on outstanding client issues
- Refers customer to appropriate qualified technical staff member in response to sophisticated customer technical inquiries and/or problems
- Completes required administrative paperwork including customer support tickets and training documents
- Assists Strategic Marketing and Product Development groups with information pertinent to product upgrades or line extensions
How will you get here?
- Minimum educational requirement is bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field
- 3+ years technical support experience in the biotech or medical equipment environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Superior communications skills with internal and external customers
- High attention to detail
- Logistical methodologies both domestic and international
- Ability to work long hours and execute under pressure with short turnaround times
- Ability to speak, write, and use all office equipment including scanner and printer, phone, computer, etc.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com.