Office Specialist 1 - Boise - #242652
State of Idaho
Date: 05/04/2021 22:00 PM
City: Idaho City, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Division of Veterans Services - Caring for America's Heroes
The Division of Veterans Services (IDVS) has an opening for an Office Specialist 1 at the Boise Veterans Home.
The COVID Data Entry Specialist will conduct data entry and records management to support COVID response activities.
These include data entry into spreadsheets for all internal testing plus filing and record management.
The ideal candidate for this position will be proficient in Excel, have excellent organizational and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and an ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
This positions comes with incredible employee benefits, including:
- Excellent low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- Paid parental leave
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Participation in one of the nation's best state retirement systems
- Multiple savings plans
- Life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Ongoing training opportunities, and more
In order to protect the safety of vulnerable adults, the Idaho Division of Veterans Services (IDVS) requires applicants to pass a criminal history background investigation after a conditional offer of employment
Example of Duties
- Perform data entry for all internal COVID testing
- Maintain paper records of COVID related paperwork according to our retention policy
- Other duties as assigned
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position.
Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements.
- Some knowledge of filing
- Some knowledge of basic math
- Experience checking, proofing, sorting, or coding information documents
These qualifications are not required, however, having the experience below will increase your score.
- Good knowledge of the rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Experience storing, retrieving and compiling information in report format
- Experience working with sensitive or restricted data
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability.
- In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
- If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.
All answers to supplemental questions must be supported in the work history, resume, and/ or education portion of your application