Buyer - #242627
Date: 05/04/2021 21:30 PM
City: Orangeburg, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST) Electronic Materials is a manufacturer of machined parts used in industrial processes and provides services to the semiconductor industry. PST Electronic Materials is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401k and much more! Currently we are looking for a Buyer to join our team in Orangeburg, NY.
This position is responsible for supporting the purchase of raw material, equipment and/or parts and services from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need. Supports the Procurement group in documentation and Quality Programs
- Procure industrial components, MRO supplies, packaging material, raw materials, fabricated parts, contractor services, machining and process consumables for internal clients from approved requisition(s) in a timely manner.
- Issue purchase orders through Oracle system. Monitor and updated PO delivery due dates.
- May assist engineering, operations, and sourcing managers in soliciting and analyzing quotations Issue requests for quotes and selects best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements. Evaluate bid responses; negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, and delivery schedules.
- Propose suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list. Research alternative suppliers for obsolete or long lead time parts. Support for supplier commercial qualifications.
- Expedite, delivery tracking and reschedule as necessary to meet MRP requirements.
- Check order statuses. Issue daily and weekly report. Work closely with Plant Receiving personnel to ensure products arrive and Oracle receiving transactions are completed.
- Data retrieval, analysis and reporting
- Contractor Safety and Insurance program document receipt and management
- Drive supplier compliance projects and renewal/updated cataloging of certificates and documentation
- Engage in process improvement and cost saving projects.
- Clear, professional, and timely communication with all internal clients and suppliers.
- Build effective relationships with business stakeholders.
- Works with the financial organization to resolve invoice payment
- Maintains operational discipline and compliance of the procurement processes by following standard work processes that address the requirements of our Quality Assurance Program, and/ or Praxair Surface Technologies Electronic Materials policies and procedures as indicated.
- May assist, guide or train requisitioners on procurement processes.
- Is the key contact for suppliers and various internal groups including operations. engineering and maintenance for creating Purchase Orders.
- Associate Degree Required; Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Business, or related fields preferred. Will consider higher education in lieu of work experience
- Prior experience with an ERP system such as Oracle or JD Edwards desirable
- Min 1-3 years Purchasing experience required
- Strong analytical, excel and Clear, professional and timely communication with all internal and external parties
- Results driven and self-motivated
- Positive attitude and customer focus
- Working safely
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Primary Location New York-Orangeburg
Job Posting Apr 27, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date May 27, 2021, 10:59:00 PM