Laundry Aide - Full Time - Mt. Carmel Rehabilitation & Nursing Center - #242621
Mount Carmel Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
Date: 05/04/2021 21:30 PM
City: Contoocook, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join our excellent team of professionals to help meet the nutritional needs of the people we serve. Mount Carmel Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, in Manchester, NH is a 120-bed facility offering short and long-term care in a warm and supportive atmosphere where residents are cared for according to their individual needs. We are proud to be a part of Catholic Charities New Hampshire’s continuum of care.
We currently have a full-time (37.5 hours/week) Laundry Aide position open in our Environmental Services Department. Our ideal candidate must be dependable, self-motivated, and able to work independently. They need to be meticulous in the level of service provided to our residents.
- Perform day-to-day laundry functions and specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments and established policies and procedures
- Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing staff when performing routine assignments in resident areas
- Collect and weigh soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. and place in appropriate containers or assigned areas. Sort and separate items that require special stain treatment.
- Wash, dry, fold, count, stack, hang and distribute clean laundry as instructed.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of laundry/linen supplies are maintained in laundry carts/linen closets to meet the needs of the residents.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies is maintained in utility/janitorial closets.
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored at all times.
Must possess a minimum of an 8th grade education, High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Must be punctual, dependable, and demonstrate compassion and patience
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Interact professionally with residents, family members, visitors and staff
- Accomplishing these job functions entails sitting, standing, bending, lifting, stretching and moving intermittently throughout the facility
- Close and distance vision, ability to distinguish color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry 20 lbs, occasionally lift and transfer 20 lbs from floor to counter height, regularly push wheeled cart exerting 40 lbs lateral force.
- Ability to hear alarms, ability hear and give verbal instructions and to converse
- Ability to participate in and assist with emergency evacuation
If you are someone who appreciates and truly cares for the welfare of the geriatric population, apply through our website or visit Mount Carmel Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at 235 Myrtle Street, Manchester, NH to fill out an application.
Job Type: Full-time