Unit Administrative Technician - #242592
US Department of the Army
Date: 05/04/2021 21:00 PM
City: Aiken, South Carolina
Salary: $43,683 - $56,790 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About the Position: This is a Military Technician position with the 81st Readiness Division, 45th Military History Detachment, located in Aiken, South Carolina.
This position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit:http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs.html
- Use automated systems for data entry, and compilation for analysis and creation of reports.
- Process personnel and payroll actions
- Interpret and apply regulations, policies and practices applicable to unit operations and activities.
- Coordinate use of U. S. Army Reserve (USAR) centers, and arranges for facility maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor unit mobilization readiness.
- Advise new members on the USAR program, obligations, advantages and unit vacancies.
- Provide technical advice to unit commander and staff.
- Maintain liaison with higher headquarters assuring compliance with directives.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirment is 5%.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES MEMBERSHIP IN THE US ARMY RESERVE (USAR)
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully complete the Unit Pay Administrator Course and the Unit Administrator Basic Course within 18 months of appointment.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment//Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- Incumbent may be required to work weekends.
- This positions requires that you maintain a secret security clearance.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. This specialized experience is defined as: administrative and operational services provided in support of a military unit or military activity by preparing a variety of written products to include correspondence and reports; monitoring the unit and individual readiness programs; processing personnel and payroll records. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualifications requirement using experience alone - no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Applies Technology to Tasks
- Interpersonal Skills
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Organizational Awareness
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- New Army Reserve Military Technicians may be authorized moving expenses to their first official duty station. To be eligible to receive moving expenses, you must be a newly appointed Federal civilian employee or have a minimum of a 3-day break in service from previous Federal civilian employment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
Review our benefits
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency
Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Clarification from the agency
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.