Principal 5G Wireless Communications Engineer - #242590
The MITRE Corporation
Date: 05/04/2021 21:00 PM
City: McLean, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE's Communications, SIGINT, and PNT Department seeks an experienced and energetic individual to join the department technical leadership team for developing and executing innovative 5G wireless solutions for our sponsors. Primary responsibilities include providing vision and strategic guidance for the development of 5G wireless technologies and leading highly complex interdisciplinary teams in support a diverse set of government customers (e.g., OSD, the Services, DHS). Typical MITRE 5G and wireless products span from system-of-system analysis to rapid prototyping of proof-of-concept capabilities used to drive mission success. The position requires the ability for innovative thought, a deep technical understanding of 5G and wireless technologies, and knowledge of the challenges that will shape the development of cutting-edge resilient solutions for both the commercial and military sectors. The successful candidate will lead department interactions with customers, users, contractors and internal/external stakeholder communities.
In this role, the candidate will:
- Be an innovative leader for the development and application of 5G wireless systems and technologies
- Develop strategic initiatives and IR&D investment opportunities in wireless communications
- Engage with customers to help shape future work directions
- Partner with other MITRE leaders and developers to establish and maintain a thriving work program in 5G
- Guide MITRE engineering teams whose focus could include systems engineering, enterprise integration, systems analysis, lab and field testing, technology experimentation, or prototype development
- Provide structure and a path forward when faced with ill-defined or ambiguous challenges
- Effectively manage risk and uncertainty
- Influence and energize others toward an established vision and goals
- Use excellent written and oral communication skills to interface with senior government leadership with confidence and clarity
- BS and 15 years related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US TS/SCI clearance
- BS and 15 years related experience
- Strong technical background in communications theory and practice
- An exceptionally clear and structured thought process along with coherent decision-making skills
- The ability to work effectively within and leading teams of engineers
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Having or ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Academic or professional experience in one or more of the following (or related) areas:
- Electrical or Systems Engineering: DSP, linear systems theory, sensor fusion
- Signal processing: detection and estimation, time-frequency analysis, Kalman filtering, state-space modeling, machine learning, array processing
- Physics: electromagnetics, antennas
- Mathematics: Stochastic processes
This requisition requires the following clearance(s):
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.