Dietary Aide I - #242566
Date: 05/04/2021 20:30 PM
City: Hobart, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A.O. Fox Memorial Hospital - Main Location
Per diem · Variable · Per Diem
A.O. Fox Memorial Hospital is dedicated to recruiting talented professionals to provide the primary and specialty care needed in our community. Fox will harness information technology and provide facilities that will optimize clinical outcomes and patient experience.
Dietary Aide l Job Summary:
Prepares attractive, accurate trays and nourishments for patients/residents. Serves food to residents in the Nursing Home. Cleans Nursing Home tables, general sanitation as needed.
- Education - High School Diploma/GED
- Experience - Experience in a hospital based nutrition department desirable .Must be 18 years old to operate dish machine, detergent dispensers, lowerators, pulper and garbage compactor.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Physical Requirements - Lift up to 25 pounds, stand, sit, squat, reach, lift, bend, carry, push.
- Licenses/Certifications - N/A
- Stocks nursing home unit according to par levels
- Steam table Meal Service. Organizes work station. Assembles trays with cold food, condiments and service ware according to the menu. Performs duties in an accurately, thoroughly and timely manner.
- Practices Safe food handling techniques.
- All sanitation requirements are followed and maintains work area and equipment in condition required by department standards.
- Completes all required food safety documentation and logs
- Provides excellent customer service to our residents
- Can describe responsibilities related to general safety, department related safety and specific job related hazards.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow Employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a departmental/unit intra-departmentally to facilitate the department's to meet its goals and objectives.
- Serves hot food items on tray line according to menus and proper plate presentation.
- Prepares items for catering events as needed
- Clean and sanitize all service ware, pots, pans and recyclables. Performs duties in a accurately, thoroughly and timely manner.
- Maintain floor cleanliness -Disposes of trash and recyclables safely
- Deliver and retrieve food carts safely
- Supports tray line operation.
- Prepares cold food/bakery items in a timely accurate and consistent manner for the tray line and cafeteria ensuring all recipes are utilized.
- Completes other relevant food and nutrition services tasks as needed