Registered Dietitian - Eating Disorder, Residential - #242357
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 05/04/2021 18:00 PM
City: Fremont, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Center for Discovery, you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
Center for Discovery’s Registered Dietitian Program integrates an All Foods Fit approach, with Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size (HAES) ® principles. This program is weight inclusive to support our diverse group of clients in healing their relationship with food and body image. The dietary program integrates evidence-based practices to treat all eating disorder diagnoses and co-occurring disorders in collaboration with medical professionals to promote medical stability and nutrition rehabilitation.
In alignment with our integration of Exposure and Response Prevention, clients participate in various food exposures while in treatment to reduce anxiety associated with certain foods or food-related situations.
This integrative and transformative approach empowers clients to find what recovery means for them, through aiding them on the path to improving their relationships with food, mind, and body.
- Conducts two dietary sessions per week with each client.
- Facilitates all required groups: Dietary Exposure Group, Menu Planning Group, Restaurant Exposure Group, and in some cases Group Cook Night.
- Determines weight goal in collaboration with a medical doctor according to protocol and implements meal plans to support the weight goal.
- Manages the dietary budget each month by completing the Dietary Budget Report.
- Participates in the weekly treatment team and communicates weekly treatment goals with all team members.
- Meets with the client 2 times/week to assess progress and continuation of dietary treatment
This is a full time, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, position at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) approved Didactic Programs in Dietetics (DPD).
- One year of experience preferred in dietary services.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietary interventions in the mental health/eating disorder field
- Completion of Dietetic Internship
- The Registered Dietitian must also have state registration (if applicable), Commission for Dietetic Registration (CDR) License and ServSafe certification
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/