Weed & Pest Applicator - Natural Resources-Seasonal Full-time - #242338
Pennington County, SD
Date: 05/04/2021 18:00 PM
City: Piedmont, South Dakota
Salary: $13 - $14 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The role of the Natural Resources Applicator is to perform weed & pest management techniques throughout Pennington County.
Under the direct supervision of the Natural Resources Technician:
Identify invasive weeds and pests.
- Mix, load, and apply pesticides in full accordance with label.
- Apply pesticides at proper rates.
- Maintain proper and accurate daily application records.
- Maintain equipment.
- GPS mapping of invasive species.
- Be able to deal with irate landowners.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required
Experience and/or Education Required:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid South Dakota Driver’s License.
- Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator in South Dakota.
- Certification in All Terrain Vehicle Safety Operation.
- Must be able to frequently sit, walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, reach and lift, push or pull, hike steep inclines, use pesticide application equipment, forestry management equipment, mosquito surveillance equipment, GPS units, snowshoes, chainsaw, pick-ups & 1-ton trucks, skid steer, ATV/UTV vehicles, various shop equipment and power tools.
- Upper body strength is a requisite to lift/move a maximum of 50 lbs. unassisted; and lift/move more than 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- No allergic reactions to pesticides.
Work is performed in a combination of indoor and outdoor environments, where the employee is exposed to weather conditions including; extreme cold and heat, moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, pesticides, exposure to poisonous weeds and snakes, high volume traffic, flying debris, equipment and noise related to projects.
- Noise level may be loud at times.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Travel throughout the county.
- Summer seasonal position.