Escrow Account Funder - #242331
Date: 05/04/2021 17:30 PM
City: Atlanta, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About the team
You will join a growing team that is at the center of Zillow's efforts to improve the future of home selling for our customers. This team will be responsible for establishing and developing best-in-class operations for residential real estate transactions, central to our mission to make the process of buying or selling a home a consumer-friendly, state of the art experience that can be launched with just the click of a button.
About the role
The Escrow Account Funder is responsible for swiftly and accurately releasing money from escrow accounts to external parties via wires or checks. The funder works in lockstep with the Escrow Officer so that the moment a real estate transaction closes, the funder immediately performs detailed quality control review of the transaction and, once file is fully balanced, releases funds. The funder will support local closings where real estate professionals (brokers, agents, loan officers) expect checks delivered at the closing table.
An ideal candidate has experience managing funds flow in a complex organizational environment. They are very detail oriented, very time sensitive, and extremely customer service oriented.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain awareness of all files scheduled to close in a particular day along with each file’s exact status
- Monitor the processes of signing docs, balancing the file, recording and receiving funding authorization
- Once escrow officer confirms closing, immediately perform quality control activities to confirm payees, match disbursement ledger to settlement statement, ensure file is balanced and that documents are recorded
- Confirm that wiring instructions are correct
- Push wire data to the banking system for release
- Follow up and resolve any matters pertaining to rejected wires
- Print checks and deliver to the closing table or send to proper parties
This role has been categorized as a Hybrid position. “Hybrid” employees regularly work at an existing ZG corporate office for approximately 10 to 80 percent of their time each month, and the rest of the time they may work from a remote physical location of their choice within a reasonable commuting distance from the corporate office which must be identified to the Company in advance. The Recruiter and Hiring Manager will set expectations on the employee’s preferred time in office. ZG has not defined a reasonable distance, and expects employees will use judgment in determining this for themselves and understand the implications re: time commitment and cost of daily commute.
Who you are
You have worked for a large company in a banking, treasury or accounting function. You understand how to manage the movement of money across multiple bank accounts. You understand how to use banking portals. You can juggle multiple priorities and are very time conscious. While you won’t interact with our consumers, you understand the impact that the banking function has on the consumer and have a desire to see our customers served well. You carry yourself professionally and represent Zillow Offers and Zillow Group both internally and externally.
- 3+ years experience working as a closer in a lending or title operation
- Experience in a banking, treasury or accounting function for a large, complex organization
- Experience managing fiduciary funds preferably in a title and settlement business
- High degree of familiarity with real estate settlement statements, property tax prorations, loan fees, title insurance rates and commission calculations
- Ability to intuitively spot errors on a settlement statement and know how to quickly verify data accuracy
- Ability to work with escrow officers to resolve issues quickly
- Strong attention to details and good organization skills
- Willingness and ability to obtain title insurance licensure in certain states
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Millions of people visit Zillow and its affiliate sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow, we're powered by our innovative and inclusive work culture, where everyone has the flexibility, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to redefine the employee experience, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents 2020, and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
See what information we collect about you.