Assistant Teacher: Preschool - #242327
Children of America
Date: 05/04/2021 17:30 PM
City: Wilmington, Delaware
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. Our Assistant Teachers are responsible with executing our curriculum. You alongside the Lead Teacher and a talented team of educators in a supportive environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for early childhood education. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is your unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
$500 Sign on Bonus
Our program serves preschool children 6 weeks - 12 years of age. Programs include, Infant, Toddler, Preschool, Pre-K, Before and After Care and Summer Camp.
Who Would I Interact with?
This position interacts daily with the Lead Teacher, children, parents, the management team, and teaching staff just to name a few.
What are the requirements for this job?
- CDA (or childcare related degree) preferred
- 6 months of exp. in a licensed childcare
- Flexible in challenging situations
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to build strong relationships
- Commitment to professional development
- Effective decision making
- Must be First Aid/CPR trained
- Must meet all state requirements
THE BENEFITS OUR ASSISTANT TEACHERS (PRESCHOOL) ENJOY:
- Internal Career Advancement Opportunities.
- 50% Discount on Employee Childcare
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k), Life, Accident, & Disability
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Directly support Lead Teacher in carrying our daily lessons.
- Willingness to grow into Lead Teachers.
- Communicating appropriately/professionally with parents & fellow staff.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to use technology to deliver child progress.
- Ensure a safe structured learning environment.
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Present expectations that are appropriate to the child's age.
- Be creative, passionate about your work and have fun.
- Salary advertised is an estimate final salary is negotiable dependent on final position, level of education and experience.
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.