Social Work Supervisor III (Children and Family Services) - #242322
Gaston County Government
Date: 05/04/2021 17:30 PM
City: Lake Norman, North Carolina
Salary: $50,799 - $81,278 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Direct supervision of 5-6 Social Worker IIIs in Child Welfare. Strong working knowledge of rule/law/policy around foster care, take responsibility for child safety and well-being for a range of 75-100+ open cases, handle all personnel matters with regard to direct reports.
- Makes screening decisions, assignments, transfers, legal referral, & closure decisions for cases; ensures adequate & timely attention to all cases. Manages all scheduling & leave approval for unit, in collaboration with partner Supervisor and Unit (on team).
- Facilitates unit/team staffing on a weekly rotation with partner SWS III; and also individually staffs cases, as necessary, to ensure support, direction & guidance for social work staff.
- Provides individual attention & training to each social worker (including assigned interns), on an as-needed basis, to include support, encouragement, coaching, & discipline (developing work plans & corrective action plans).
- Reviews all documentation, including all court paperwork & orders, to ensure compliance with law & policy.
- Accompanies, critiques, guides, & coaches staff during direct service delivery for teaching/learning purposes, during vacancies or absences (ensures coverage), & in dangerous or threatening situations, or when they are working intensely complicated (sometimes cross county or multi-issue) cases.
- Participates in interviewing, selection, & hiring processes of staff for unit, including all performance evaluations throughout responsibility for individual staff.
- Relates unmet service needs for clientele, makes budget requests (as appropriate) to Coordinator & Administrator.
- Participates in Children & Family Services Management Team Meetings monthly, participating on subcommittees, providing input & feedback, in order to promote accountability & consistency across units/teams/division.
- Responsible for supervision of after hours on-call Child Protective Services on a rotating basis for periods of 3 days in addition to daytime, regular supervisory responsibilities &/or an occasional 3-day weekend shift (including all hours the DSS agency is not open to the public). This supervisor might also cover after hours supervisory responsibilities on a holiday.
- Participates, as a representative of the agency, in external boards, organizations, committees to promote relationships & collaboration with community partners &stakeholders, as well as participating on internal committees & projects.
- Captures statistical data & prepares monthly reports.
Requires a Master’s Degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and two years of social work or counseling experience; OR a Bachelor’s Degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and 3 years of social work or counseling experience; OR a Master’s Degree in a counseling field and 3 years of social work or counseling experience; OR a four year degree in a human service field or related curriculum including at least 25 semester hours in courses related to social work or counseling and 4 years of experience in social work or counseling ;OR graduation from a four year college or university and 5 years of experience in rehabilitation counseling, pastoral counseling or related human service field providing experience in techniques of casework, group work or community organization. COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION. A valid driver’s license is required. The applicant selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,799.00 - $81,278.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place