System Administrator - #242309
Date: 05/04/2021 17:30 PM
City: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our country’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile application development, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services – focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented, passionate, and committed “A Players” who already align with the company’s core values: Drive, Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-company culture, where successful team effort to address external and internal customer challenges is valued above all individual contributions.
Responsible for FSA O&M support services for all United States Space Force (USSF) Enterprise Information services (EIS) environments. Maintains the EIS Systems with a high level of service availability. Manage and maintain infrastructure to include Dell Storage Area Networks (SANs), servers, switches and Windows Server in our VMware environment. VMWare management and overall capacity planning for monthly reporting.
Develop and Execute technical solutions approved for enhancements to the Infrastructure and lab environments. Coordinates planned trips to remote Data Center for periodic maintenance checks, upgrades, and troubleshooting. Works closely with Operations team to submit trouble tickets to escalate issues not controlled locally. Provide team support in maintaining EIS training capability (client setup/tear down). Provide local facility and surge support for HQ Space Operations Command’s Client Support Technician (CST) activities (ie. Client imaging, application installation and work with Windows DoD standard desk top configurations). Team member would be working along side system admins and network engineers to deliver these services to HQ USSF end users assisting them with troubleshooting issues, installing software, and resolving configuration issues. Provides on-call/after-hours Tier 2 Service Desk support for government identified customers and system level outages.
PRIMARY DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operates and maintains the EIS Server, switch, storage infrastructure in both production and lab environments. Components support HQ USSF SharePoint Sites and TMT on SIPRNet.
· Maintains the EIS Server environments and infrastructure to provide required availability.
· Reviews error logs on all systems daily.
· Performs system and serviceability tests daily. Key responsibilities will be SAN management, backup operations, load balancing (F5) and VMWare management (ESX standup and upgrades).
· Perform monthly capacity planning across all systems.
· Document and provide current configuration data
· Provide Trend analysis for system performance.
· Provide additional support to Network Engineering and System Administration team.
· Perform virtual and physical switching and detailed network routing.
· Understanding of network firewalls and the ability to communicate issues to team leads and supporting team members. Validate and trouble shoot Veeam back services.
· Work with System Admins to periodically conduct tests, rings SQL servers into and out of service in clustered environments and Front-End Servers in and out of load balance as needed.
· Repairs/rebuilds SharePoint servers as needed.
· Change Requests.
· Tests patches and changes in the Laboratory/Data Center prior to application on the live systems.
· Applies approved and tested patches to the SharePoint/TMT environments.
· Provides SharePoint Notification Banners with HQ USSF EIS Information.
· Provides technical updates and issues e-mail notifications to the HQ USSF EIS Users and provides Tier 2 Service Desk support for system-level outages/service interruptions after hours.
· Perform daily infrastructure checks to include VMWare and Dell infrastructure (servers and switches).
· Check on Veeame Backups and be able to plan and upgrade all devices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 2+ years’ experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree requirement (i.e., Associate Degree and 4+ years’ experience or High School Diploma and 6+ years’ experience).
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
· Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems with Big IP F5 load balance devices.
· Strong knowledge of Dell/EMC servers, switches and storage array platforms include managing; Microsoft System Administration skills; Virtual Server builds and management; and strong demonstrated trouble shooting skills.
· Knowledge of Domain Name System (DNS) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
· Operating experience with SharePoint Web Frontend Load Balancing processes utilizing F5 Load Balancers; conducting backup (Veeam) and recovery services for SharePoint and SQL applications; using remote access tools for managing and maintaining large server farm environments; and providing technical inputs for Remedy trouble ticketing system.
· Recent hands on experience with Windows Server and VMWARE v6x.
· Knowledge of Ports and Protocols for supported applications.
CERTIFICATION: Required - DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification with CompTIA Security+ CE being the preferred prerequisite; VMWare certification, Windows MCSE (desired).
Work Location: Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs, CO and local Serco facility.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Top Secret/SCI (required)
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.