I&E Technician II - #242280
Southcross Energy Partners, LLC
Date: 05/04/2021 17:00 PM
City: Dilley, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
An I&E Technician II will support Southcross Operations by maintaining and troubleshooting all low and high voltage electrical systems and their components at processing facilities. This includes major and sub-components of electrical distribution systems, electrical motors and motor controls, and instruments or devices that are part of the facility control systems or individual package control systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide day to day DCS, PLC and HMI system support across multiple platforms including Rockwell, DeltaV, Wonder Ware, Factory Talk, etc.
- Plan for and take the lead on automation projects for new installation and projects for upgrading or modifying existing systems.
- Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of field instrumentation devices for process equipment including:
- Flow devices
- Pressure devices
- Temperature devices
- Direct and inferential level measurement devices
- Analytical equipment and instrumentation
- Installation, calibration, inspection, and troubleshooting of instruments and electrical equipment, in accordance with NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, ISA and Company Standards.
- Identify, interpret and effectively use drawings and documentation related to electrical and process controls including Electrical One-line diagrams, Elementary diagrams, wiring schematics, control schematics, P&ID’s, Cause and Effect diagrams, Instrument Loop diagrams, Interconnect diagrams, etc.
- Interpret and troubleshoot PLC and DCS logic including ladder logic, function block, and structured text routines.
- Work safely on AC distribution systems from 12k volts to 120 volts.
- Troubleshoot, repair motor control circuits and equipment including VFD’s, motors and motor control circuits.
- Develop written job plans for electrical and instrumentation projects.
- Develop written procedures for instrumentation and electrical equipment maintenance and inspection.
- Plan and direct procurement of repair parts and material for electrical and instrument systems for project and maintenance purposes.
- Be able to discuss and apply NFPA 70E to any electrical work scope both in theory and in everyday practice on the job.
- Be a Safety Leader and contribute to a ‘Safety First’ working culture.
- Support Plant Operations to minimize production impacts and enhance reliability.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and professional conduct while working as a member of a team or when working alone.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications from trade schools and/or professional organizations are preferred.
- 5 – 10 years working experience in the process instrumentation and electrical trades, preferably in process plant environments.
- Capable and willing to work overtime as required and participate in an On-Call rotation for 24/7/365 coverage of facilities.
- Respond to call outs within 30 minutes of notification.
- Use and navigate business applications including CMMS maintenance management software and be proficient with MS Office suite.
The I&E Technician will be required to constantly endure the following physical activities:
- Ascend or descend on ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like;
- Move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments include tight and confined spaces.
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Adjust to moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The I&E Technician will be required to constantly endure the following environmental conditions:
- High temperatures;
- Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind;
- Noisy environments; and
- Hazardous conditions.