Staff Nurse - School Health - #242272
Akron Children's Hospital
Date: 05/04/2021 17:00 PM
City: Lucas, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Float - Richland and Wayne Counties
25-32 Hours per Week
Monday through Friday (while school is in session)
The School Staff Nurse is responsible for the provision of school health services to the student population serviced
1. Provides school health services as directed by department and contracts
2. Provides the clinical care necessary within the department, including routine, special needs, and emergency first aide.
3. Maintains appropriate student health records and documents services rendered
4. Participates in the educational efforts of the department and the hospital.
5. Communicates effectively with management, parents/guardians, school authorities, and allied personnel.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with departmental/school/State and Federal, and Human Resource policies, procedures and guidelines.
8. Other duties as required
1. Experience in a school setting is preferred.
2. Experience in pediatric nursing is preferred.
3. Experience working within a multidisciplinary team is preferred. Minimum of one year experience in healthcare is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required.
2. Certification: BLS certification is required. Registered Nurse licensure is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 1 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None