Housekeeper - #242264
Azura Memory Care
Date: 05/04/2021 17:00 PM
City: Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be a role model of the department?s ?clean as you go? policy.
- Maintaining assigned areas in an orderly and attractive manner
- Ensuring that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times
- Submitting work orders to the maintenance team as needed
- Taking initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority
- Interacting with residents and visitors in a friendly manner while providing customer service
- Ensure cleanliness of kitchen?s equipment, counters and environment which includes surface areas, cleaning and dusting of all fixtures in bistros and finishing kitchens.
- Assist with bussing and cleaning tables in the dining area, as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen and dining area areas according to State regulations and Azura?s standards and procedures.
- Assist with culinary and nursing duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for learning and following Environmental, Culinary and Nursing department procedures according to Azura?s standards and State policies.
- Provide administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your duties, as dictated by necessity or as delegated by the Executive Director or designee.
- All other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred
- Previous experience in a resident care setting
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to follow written instruction concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids and disinfecting / sanitizing solutions.
- Must be able to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive feedback.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of Azura Memory Care
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must meet all health requirements, including TB, and pass background checks
- Must possess the skills necessary to maintain the environmental/physical needs of the facility.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and ensure the safety of our guests by safeguarding such items or chemicals.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 45 pounds to a minimum height of five feet and be able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Must attend required in-service / continuing education training as specified by Azura’s policy.
- Must not disclose client’s protected health information and must promptly report known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
Must report all allegations of abuse, wrongdoing or misappropriation of property immediately to the Executive Director.