Fluorescent Penetrant Inspector (Level I) - Mentor, OH - #198007
Precision Castparts Corp.
Date: 04/09/2021 03:32 AM
City: Mentor, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
State / County
Full Time, Permanent
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year
June 1 2020
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils LLC has achieved its preeminent position in the manufacture of aircraft engine blades and vanes and is rapidly gaining market share in the Industrial Gas Turbines industry through pushing the boundaries of Advanced Technology. PCC Airfoils LLC is one of only a few companies in the world that possesses the technology and capability to cast blades and vanes with complex, internal cooling passages out of sophisticated superalloys for aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine customers. PCC Airfoils LLC has the advantage of being the leader in the production of airfoils for aircraft engines and of capturing a growing share of the market for Industrial Gas Turbine castings. Several new state-of-the-art casting furnaces were recently installed in PCC Airfoils’ facilities along with new ceramic dip lines to handle the increased volume. The dip lines feature the most advanced technology available to ensure process repeatability, improving yields and facilitating on-time product delivery
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. We live our values by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
The products that we manufacture can be found in over 180 countries and is responsible for generating 1/3rd of the world’s electricity needs! Simply put, the PCC Mentor team makes power, possible.
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
Join the rewarding field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), by being an FPI Level I. The FPI Level I processes our highly technical casted parts by applying fluorescent dye to the surface of the parts in order to be inspected. This entry level position will develop your skills to grow in this critical multi-industry career path
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Passionately works in a safe manner by following all safety rules, and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
- Achieves team production goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Prepares fluorescent penetrant solution and cleans castings for FPI processing.
- Applies fluorescent penetrant solution and develops castings to be ready for review by FPI Level II.
- Performs rework of castings using a Dynafile to ensure parts meet customer specifications.
Experience & Education
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
- One year of manufacturing experience preferred. Previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
- Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet and exceed production and quality standards
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform duties in working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, multiple physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions