Manufacturing Engineer - #197995
Date: 04/09/2021 03:31 AM
City: Provo, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who is Action Target?
Action Target has the creativity and drive to develop innovative new firearms training technology, the experience to properly apply that technology to solve today's training problems, and the dedication to provide the best ongoing service and support in the industry! We are the best of the best. Check out our YouTube page to see the amazing stuff we're doing!
What's in it for you?
- A pretty cool industry where you will get to work with and interact with some very unique and cool customers
- Competitive wages- $60-65K per year DOE
- A chance to grow in a positive working environment with an outstanding team!
- Outstanding Benefits-We offer benefits to fit everyone's budget! All full-time employees have access to Health Benefits, Telehealth, Matching 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO, and Paid Holidays
- Industry Perks- As a community of outdoor and shooting enthusiasts, we are passionate about our gear. Working with our industry partners we have obtained discounts for our employees on firearms, targets, optics, range passes, and many other product
What will you be doing?
Action Target is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to be the process owner for our Rubber Berm Trap (RBT) Mining systems and processes. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with our team in the office and the field to research, design, test, and implement equipment and procedures in order to drive process efficiency.
Some of your day-to-day tasks:
- Identify and implement changes to reduce costs associated with the RBT Mining process.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Meet or exceed budget & timing expectations
Provide technical expertise and support for RBT Crews
- Troubleshoot new and existing problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
Communicate capabilities, production schedules, and other information to leadership teams
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes.
- Apply engineering / manufacturing techniques such as rapid prototyping, to enhance process development
- Investigate or resolve operational problems
- Estimate costs, production times, and other requirements for new designs.
- Purchase equipment, materials, and parts.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep informed of developments in the manufacturing field
What do you need to be able to do?
- Bachelor's degree related to manufacturing processes or engineering
- 5+ years process improvement experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience and Six Sigma certifications a plus
- Effectively use CAD system for 3D modeling and 2D drawings (Creo 2.0 preferred)
- Effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Action Target proudly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Come as you are!