RBT - #197983
BY YOUR SIDE - Autism Therapy Services
Date: 04/09/2021 03:30 AM
City: Snellville, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
MUST have RBT certificate registered on the BACB (Behavior Analyst Certification Board)
Our Team is a BLAST!!
BY YOUR SIDE is unique in that we offer center, in-home, and community therapy and provide our therapists with all the resources and materials needed to help our clients thrive. Our centers are designed with rooms representative of a home setting to provide the opportunity to learn necessary skills in a purposeful and relevant environment.
BY YOUR SIDE gives you access to collaborate with multiple disciplines (Occupational and Speech Therapy) to enhance your overall knowledge and to create effective implementation of therapy plans. As an ABA Therapist, you’ll enjoy working in a laid back, casual environment, with a fun and supportive staff. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping children on the autism spectrum… We are looking for YOU!
• Provide direct 1:1 or small group therapy to children and young adults with autism consistent with the treatment plan under the direction of the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
• Maintain targeted caseload hours of therapy per week.
• Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
• Comply with the ethical standards of the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts issued by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
• Responsible for timely completion of all required documentation for maintaining RBT certification, meeting both BACB and company standards.
• Implement treatment plans across multiple domains; including communication, social behavior, learner readiness skills, self care, replacement behavior and behavior reduction as instructed by BCBA.
• Passionately motivate clients by adapting activities to their preferences.
• Calmly respond intentionally and in alignment with the client Behavior Intervention Plan to challenging behavior.
• Assist with assessments, under the supervision of the BCBA, when they have assured proper training and administration of such assessment tools (i.e., VBMAPP, ABLLS).
• Assist with maintaining order and safety among the clients in the therapy environment.
• Assist other personnel with related tasks as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in completion of their work activities and for the enhancement of daily operations of the therapy center.
• Provide session coverage for clients (One Time Move) as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings, team meetings and collaborate with a team of multi-disciplinary therapists in order to coordinate, communicate relevant information and implement high quality therapy.
• Participate in trainings provided to increase professional knowledge by attending in person, through video conferencing, and/or watching the recorded training(s).
• Completion of all assignments related to staff meetings and trainings (e.g., ABA meetings) by due date, including make-up assignments.
• Completion of daily activities/routines within the center (i.e., opening/closing procedures, cleaning, organization and creation of session materials, assisting other therapists, etc).
• Collect and maintain accurate records of client performance through data collection and insurance notes in online data collection platform. Ensure billing for all appointments through online platform session conversion within a specified period of time.
• Implementation of treatment plans across multiple environments including center, home and community. Travel to the home and community required.
• Toilet training and diaper changing may be required.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Uphold and maintain BYS core principles, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Face mask required while working with clients and working in common staff areas
• Completion of health screenings including temperature checks
• Social distancing guidelines and room capacities throughout all center areas
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Bachelor's degree and/or enrolled in psychology, communication disorders, education or related field preferred.
• Completion of RBT eligibility requirements and pass the RBT certification examination.
• High interest and willingness to learn about, understand and work with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
• Eagerness to learn about Applied Behavior Analysis and grow as a Behavior Technician.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
• Knowledge of sensory and behavioral strategies, preferred.
• Ability to communicate proactively, timely, effectively and professionally with a variety of stakeholder types (clients, parents, Operations Team members, Behavior Analysts, Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists).
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, execute on deadlines and produce high quality deliverables with attention to details.
• Ability to exude professionalism through communication, timeliness and preparedness.
• Proficiency in applications, games and web-based technology via an iPad and Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Uphold and maintain BYS core principles, policies and procedures.
- On the job training
- Paid time off
- Hourly pay with mileage reimbursement
- Electronic-based data collection and reporting system, including company iPad
- Materials and resources provided by BYS